corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa B 1.2 16v SXi

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.2 16v SXi
Rich H

User status: Offline
8th Mar 06 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above, how much would I be looking to pay for one of these? I would like one of these as possibly my next car. Have just bee having a quick look on Autotrader for Corsa's near me under £2k - Not one SXi appeared! Was I searching at too low a price, or are they actually quite rare? Only could find poverty spec LS's etc
Ojc

8th Mar 06 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2.5k for a decent one
mwg

8th Mar 06 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I would struggle to get 2k for my SXi if I sold it now. When I was looking for mine there were loads of them advertised
Rich H

Right, and am I right in thinking they only were available in Red, Arden Blue, Black and Silver? And they have spec such as E/W, PAS, C/L, Allloys, Spoiler. What about A/C? And what sort of power have they got? I know it wont be huge, but surely better than the 46bhp I have atm?! I;ve looked on Parkers, but dont get on too well with it!
Rus

yer, you're looking at about 2.2/2.5k
mwg

8th Mar 06 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They feel rapid compared to the 8v but the feeling of it being rapid lasts for about 1 day but definately much better than the 8v.

They dont all have elec windows. Mine has elec and heated mirrors but no elec windows only some have air con. Kinda wish I had held out for one with air con and electric windows now
Paul_J

8th Mar 06 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 1.2 16v Sxi corsa b was sold for £1900 ages ago.
Ry_B
Banned

8th Mar 06 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's hardly any around....

2 on Ebay at the moment, can't find any in Auto trader. I think they hardly made any B 1.2 16 valves, hmm.
Rich H

8th Mar 06 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does that depend on how new they are then as to whether they have the electric windows and mirrors? Quite fancied a Brocade yellow Corsa as next but obv they are pretty rare! Also like silver and black as a scheme (Rob B etc!)

I narrowed it down to a 1.2 due to insurance But the SXi has pretty good spec as its basically got the bits as standard that I have done to mine GLS has pretty good spec if not doesnt it? Except from Alloys and Spoiler?
Ry_B
Banned

8th Mar 06 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go for a 1.4 Sport? Loads of them about and less likely to have been ragged to death as a first car
RobHayes

8th Mar 06 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think i know of any that came with electric windows as standard, maybe an option though i dont know about that. with them having electric mirrors it makes fitting the electric windows easier as the wiring for them inside the car is already there (just need to change the door wiring loom)

they also have the same brakes and suspension set up as the 1.4 sport, and the same interior/exterior 'sport' accesories - spoiler, sport seats, black dash and carpet etc
RobHayes

8th Mar 06 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the GLS is a higher insurance group than the SXi
Satsta

sold mine for £1000

88k miles...engine problems tho! dont know what they were
Rich H

Yeh I was hoping to have black interior and better seats etc! Grey plastic and Rainbow seats are slightly annoying!

RCB - I can't afford the insurance on a 1.4 I've not had enought years on the road yet for the insurance to be feasable tbh - I could probably afford it next year at a push, but will probably be rid of my car by the end of Summer.
mwg

8th Mar 06 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RobHayes
i dont think i know of any that came with electric windows as standard, maybe an option though i dont know about that. with them having electric mirrors it makes fitting the electric windows easier as the wiring for them inside the car is already there (just need to change the door wiring loom)

So if I get the door wiring loom for electric windows and the bits to go with it all I have to do is unplug the old one and put the new one in? I got told I would have to change the wiring loom all the way through the car to put electric windows in
VegasPhil
Premium Member

8th Mar 06 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matty, Unplug the Multiplug in the door shut. If you have 20ish Pins then the Looms are there for Electric Windows.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
mwg

8th Mar 06 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how exciting! I will check this weekend
welshdude

8th Mar 06 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

My GLS is group 1 insurance although it is a 1.0
Rich H

8th Mar 06 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by welshdude
quote:

My GLS is group 1 insurance although it is a 1.0

Group 1?! Christ! Yeh ur 1.0 is actually more powerful than my 1.2 8V tho! However, a 1.2 16v could be fun! Except the fact they have quite an annoying hiss to them!
RobHayes

8th Mar 06 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
quote:

So if I get the door wiring loom for electric windows and the bits to go with it all I have to do is unplug the old one and put the new one in? I got told I would have to change the wiring loom all the way through the car to put electric windows in

neither me or a mate who both had sxi's didnt have to. just plugged them straight in, fitted the fuse, and they worked fine
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

8th Mar 06 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sold mine to alex off here for £1700 and it was mint. keep looking out for a good one, dont pay over £1800 for one though. Most go for around £1700 in good condition. Heres a pic of the one i sold alex:

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa B 1.2 16v SXi 24 database queries in 0.0139129 seconds