corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion
ed

User status: Offline
1st Jan 10 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you going to insulate in between the studs?
Ben J

1st Jan 10 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is really impressing me. Especially as you are doing the whole lot yourselves.

Great work.

[Edited on 01-01-2010 by Ben J]
Ste
Premium Member

1st Jan 10 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Are you going to insulate in between the studs?

Yeah its insulated with Kingspan.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Leighton

1st Jan 10 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The insulation is what is slowing us down, we dont have any left and the next lot wont be delivered till week commencing the 4th, so we are just going to get all the fraim work ready to be installed and run all the wires and pipes untill that arrives
phils scooby

1st Jan 10 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cracking job there, me and my dad built a smaller version for when i raced motocross we just used polisterine for insulation, it was very warm aswel.

here is ours

sleeped 4, cooker, sink, tv, toilet and a good size garage.

only picture of it complete though

harrisp

1st Jan 10 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

B and Q have got an offer on insulation now, something daft like £5 for three rolls
(government subsidised I think).
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Jan 10 at 02:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did buy rolled insulation but it's not practical. Not only is it difficult to work with but there's also a risk of condensation damaging it. Hence the choice to go with Kingspan boards.
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Jan 10 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Jan 10 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C2RL R

3rd Jan 10 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you give any info on the electrical installation side of things? i guess you have to have it so that its dual voltage so it runs off batteries or off mains?
also, what type of cable are you using? it looks like arctic grade flex from them pics.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Jan 10 at 01:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got four 12v 113Ah leisure batteries which will be used for lights, fridge, water pump and most other domestic things.

Also got a 240v hookup which will run temporarily to charge the 12v batteries and also to power flood lights when necessary.

Don't have the cable specs, Ste may know.
C2RL R

3rd Jan 10 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so there is an appliance inlet somewhere on the exterior to allow you to hook up to the mains?
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Jan 10 at 01:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup although we'll not generally have a hook-up available so it'll be generated rather than grid power.
C2RL R

3rd Jan 10 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what testing needs to be done after the installation then? does it even have to be tested with it being a 12 volt system? sorry for all the questions, i've never known anyone take on anything like this before.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Jan 10 at 02:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not even sure we're required to have it done. There are general vehicle electrics as part of the SVA but I'm not sure if habitation circuits are covered.

We're running a consumer unit on the 240v and a fuse panel and probably some sort of monitoring device on the 12v just in case anything isn't as it should be.
Liam

3rd Jan 10 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What size are those bunk beds? 3ft6"?

Starting to really come along now, great job
Ste
Premium Member

3rd Jan 10 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today's job - wardrobe interior and face, toilet wall which joins the shower room wall which we did yesterday. Also put a shelf above the top bed which you can't really see but that finishes off the bed section, all tied in nice and strong now.

Going to spend some time on sizing up the kitchen then we can get the pipes run alongside fitting the Kingspan which is coming this week.

[Edited on 03-01-2010 by Ian]

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ste
Premium Member

3rd Jan 10 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beds are 190x90cm - standard single.

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

3rd Jan 10 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need to come up soon and hammer some nails or something!
jr

3rd Jan 10 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
need to come up soon and hammer some nails or something!

you and diy would comprimise the currently well build lorry
Ste
Premium Member

3rd Jan 10 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Name your dates chaps!

DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Jan 10 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome, I'm planning on coming down in the final stages, when it needs lettering up I'll help with that, will also be donating to Ian this coming week.
Liam

3rd Jan 10 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
Beds are 190x90cm - standard single.

If you need mattresses, Argos. I can get 10% off if it helps....
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Jan 10 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah need two singles and a double for the front. Shame we missed the 50% before Christmas although we've nowhere really to store them until they're ready to go in.
pow
Premium Member

3rd Jan 10 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could probably donate you 2 barely used single matresses lol

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion 24 database queries in 0.1097610 seconds