corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Vauxhall Astra 1.8 16v CD. The End!

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall Astra 1.8 16v CD. The End!
Bonney

User status: Offline
17th Dec 10 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a few packages awaiting me when I got home.

2 Sunvisors off a Vectra CDX (Come with illuminated sunvisors)

A replacement caliper (To replace the faulty one that was supplied), Set of rear pads and rear disks

A SRI-T Steering wheel and a set of bosch wiper blades to replace the aero ones that are on.

And a full set of 215/40/17 tyres, Which are now fitted to the wheels awaiting to be fitted to the car.

The postman must have a bad back now

Will be doing as much as I can this weekend. Hope this snow does one so I can get the wheels on
corsaadzy

17th Dec 10 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why change back to normal blades from aeros bud?
Bonney

18th Dec 10 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found retro fit aero blades to be noisy, smear the screen and to lift off the screen over 50mph. Had enough so went back to standards!

Fitted the wipers, steering wheel and illuminated sunvisors today. Was too cold to do the brakes plus when I got up was greeted by this!

Depth check!

Anyhow, Here is one of the illuminated sunvisors

Peice of piss to do, Hardest part was feeding the wires through to the interior light!

Also a couple of the SRI-T Steering wheel!

Will be doing the breaks as soon as the weather picks up a bit. Ideally wanted them done today but the weather cocked that one up!
Ash5

18th Dec 10 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just read this on AOC your turning this in to a really nice car
Mark.W

18th Dec 10 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to agree with ash mate its really starting to look a very smart car
Bonney

18th Dec 10 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks.

Trying to keep it as factory as possable, But am now running out of ideas!
hazzacorsa

18th Dec 10 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good mate had 2 mk4s before loved them both keepin an eye on this
Bonney

24th Dec 10 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks!

Ordered a Vectra overhead cubby hole fo fit inside and a Vectra c auto dimming mirror. Will sort them out in the new year!

Also got a set of silver seatbelts off a GSI to fit. Only thing is the fronts need modyfying to fit. Need to find a retrimmer or someone with a strong industrial sewing machine with some strong thread. At the minute i'm in two minds weather to fit them as I don't fancy messing around with a safety system on the car!

Just waiting for the weather to pick up to refit the wheels. Don't really want to be roarming around on a cold floor!

Also, Recently I have been looking at mk4 vans. Looking for a Sportive in either silver or black. Will swap as much as I can over from the car and break the rest of the car!

[Edited on 24-12-2010 by Bonney]
Bonney

30th Dec 10 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just done a bit more Xmas shopping on ebay

Ordered the Cybox resonated centre section and a set of stainless sill protectors (As they are showing a bit of age related scuffs). Going to order a set of replica GSI Arch spats to try and get rid of the gap between the arches and the side skirts.

Also found a new bonnet in the breakers yard. Just hoping its a black one to save a few quid painting it, If not will just keep hold until i have the spare money to have it painted! (Old bonnet has corroded around the inside front and is now spreading to the outer skin)

Just gave the car a wash and noticed the rear arches have also started to bubble. Will repaint these myself and underseal them properly. Better to catch it early than when its too late. Will also underseal the sills aswell when I do this.

Still awaiting the alarm to be fitted. Need to get it done ASAP, But no one local seems to be intrested. Got a couple more numbers to try then if not I will bite the bullet and give it a bash. In the words of Clarksonian 400bc "How hard can it be?!"

[Edited on 30-12-2010 by Bonney]
Bonney

2nd Jan 11 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres how the car stands at the minute.

Gave it a good clean today and a polish with some poorboys black hole.

Also sent these pics into Total Vauxhall, See what happens there!

Should also be picking up a new bonnet tomorrow. Just doing my list of final touch up bits to do, Its a bit longer than i first thought!!!

[Edited on 02-01-2011 by Bonney]
Jon_C
Premium Member

2nd Jan 11 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stop posting pics of this. Every time i see new shots of it i want it more.
Bonney

2nd Jan 11 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry
Bonney

8th Jan 11 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spent nearly all day faffing about fitting the vectra interior self dimming mirror and the vectra roof bin.

Had to mess about doing both of them, Wasn't as straight forward as i hoped. Had to trim most of the rooflining out and fit in the plate to receive the roof bin, When I had that sorted, I started to fit the mirror.

Stuck on some black vynil so i could use the cover that was supplied with the mirror. Did this so you can't see all the wiring in there from the outside. Then put everything on and started to feed the wires through.

After putting all the wires in the places they should go, The interior light was on all the time so I ended up cutting that part out of the circuit. Just left it so it dims when light shines onto it. Also didn't bother putting the reverse lights as I could see 3 or 4 wires that looked the same, So gave in with that!

Anyway, Heres the pics!

One of the light that lights up when its dark and illuminate the gearstick area.

Got to fit a new headlight to the passenger side tomorrow as I had broke the mechinism in this one somehow. One of the last bits before the MOT!

[Edited on 08-01-2011 by Bonney]
Jamie-C

8th Jan 11 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great work mate. Very OEM +++++

Love the look of it now!
Bonney

15th Jan 11 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got around to fitting the cybox stainless centre section. Went for one with a silencer in as I didn't want it too loud. Had it on in under an hour, Really easy to do, Went on with no problems.

Also fitted the sill covers on to the car. I know it ain't an SRI, But it does have a full SRI Interior. (Plus its the onlt ones I could find at a decent price.

There is also two on the rear aswell.

Fitted some chromed heater vents aswell. Brightens it up slightly more on the dash.

Got the alarm fitted aswell yesterday. Got to find out about how to connect a second siren to it as aparantly another relay is needed, also need to find out how to programme in the dual zone sensors.
Bonney

16th Jan 11 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a busy day today with the car. Took me ages to do everything as I woke up with a trapped nerve in my shoulder....Again!

First off I did a full service on the car. Changed everything (Filters, oil and coolant). Used some castrol GTX oil and bosch super4 spark plugs. Car now runs as good as new!

Also changed the drivers side headlight to match the passenger one. Will probably stick the old depos up for sale. (One has the electric adjustment clip snapped off and the other has a couple of cracked lugs on them!)

Still looking for a new bonnet for it, Preferably in black as mine is rusting a bit!
Bonney

19th Jan 11 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking of doing this with the new bonnet

What do people think?

[Edited on 19-01-2011 by Bonney]
FAZ
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no
Jon_C
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney
Thinking of doing this with the new bonnet

What do people think?

[Edited on 19-01-2011 by Bonney]

Bad plan
Bonney

19th Jan 11 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking about it, it looks different.

On the other hand I'm beginning to think it looks cheap!

Can't make my mind up!
Ben G

19th Jan 11 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no. don't go silly with it just because you've exhausted every other plan.
Callum

19th Jan 11 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No dont do that to the bonnet, please
SeanXE

19th Jan 11 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with the above, looks so nice now
Bonney

19th Jan 11 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sat thinking it will be different, But then I think that it looks like it has had a replacement bonnet on it, off another different coloured car!

Think i will stick with it all one colour. Looks less cheap and nasty!
SeanXE

19th Jan 11 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney
Sat thinking it will be different, But then I think that it looks like it has had a replacement bonnet on it, off another different coloured car!

Think i will stick with it all one colour. Looks less cheap and nasty!

Agreed, what are your other plans then?

<<  5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Vauxhall Astra 1.8 16v CD. The End! 23 database queries in 0.0242751 seconds