corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20xe corsa wont start then wen it does it cuts out HELP!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe corsa wont start then wen it does it cuts out HELP!!
dalejones

User status: Offline
14th Oct 09 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c20xe corsa wudnt start last nite but then wen i left the ignition on for like 2-3 minuits then turn it over it started and then when i drove it it seems to be missin so im guessin maybe a spark problem,

then took it for a spin today, took a while to start again but left ignition on an started it, wen i drove it round i was on my way home wen as i was drivin up a hill it like cut out then started as i was drivin as if it was low on petrol but there is petrol in it and then did it again then it wudnt start bak up so i just want to know isit a spark problem or a petrol problem?

i took the valve off the fuel injector rail an pushed in the valve an petrol came out so there is petrol gettin through, forgot to say i managed to start it again and it started for like 5 seconds then cut bak out, n e ideas?
DaveyLC

14th Oct 09 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try coolant temp. sensor.
dalejones

14th Oct 09 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how would that cause it? coz it runs wen it starts but then it like runs out of petol (feels that way) but theres petrol in it
dalejones

14th Oct 09 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need peoples thoughts asap
DaveyLC

14th Oct 09 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When an engine is warm the timing needs to be adjusted or it will run like a piece of crap, if the ECU doesnt know the engine is warm then it will run like crap..

Understand?
dalejones

14th Oct 09 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer got that so it mite be somethin to do with the ecu aswel? or u think its just the temp sensor?
c20xecorsa

15th Oct 09 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This happend to me i found owt mine woz my loom (shaft wire
johnhara1

15th Oct 09 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dalejones
yer got that so it mite be somethin to do with the ecu aswel? or u think its just the temp sensor?

The ECU pics up a reading from the temp sensor, if that sensor is faulty the ECU will make the car run crap.

Listen to what dave said and try the temp sensor, it's only £10 from Vauxhall.
dalejones

15th Oct 09 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer ok i remember now accually thinkin bout it, last nite wen i looked at my dash that light on my hazzard light switch was flashin like an alarm then i turned ignition off and after a while is stopped, could this be part of the problem??
dalejones

15th Oct 09 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been out and nnoticed timing belt is pretty loose at one point could it have slipped a tooth?

New Poll