corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » any1 know wot cud b wrong?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author any1 know wot cud b wrong?
corsa12v

User status: Offline
5th May 05 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on start up it u got 2 rev the f**k out ov it or it almost cuts out and wen u go ova 3k revs theres clouds ov smoke comin out ov the exhaust. and wen pulling off u got 2 keep the revs up or it almost cuts out?
Corsa Sport Gav

5th May 05 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wut colour is the smoke?
corsa12v

5th May 05 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

white! a mech ad a look he thought the head gasket had gone but wen he ad a look he sed ers nothing wrong wiv the engine sumthing to do with the engine managment but the light dnt come on? he mentioned sumthing about sum emisions thing which is suposed to knock off wen its up to temp but its staying on
Joe

5th May 05 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mass air flow i'd say, is it just from cold and does it go alrite after a few mins?
corsa12v

5th May 05 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no it runs like an heap ov s**t! wen u put ur foot dwn it misses. the mech i spoke to sed it cud b the lambda sensor but he wern't sure. my mass air flow went on my 12v i dnt think it cud b that.
danny-corsa

5th May 05 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like something to do with ECU. its probably ova fueling which is why it misses.

my 1st 1.3sr nova's carb neva used to cut off properly so when it heated up it would still be on and the car would'nt run. and it'd run shit as soon as it was started from cold aswell
corsa12v

5th May 05 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thas wot tha mech sed woz that it woz ova fueling. the engine managment light dont cum on at all
danny-corsa

5th May 05 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only thing that could rule over fueling out, would be the fact that the ecu light does'nt come on and i would have thought that the O2 sensor would pick it up seeing as theres loadsa smoke.

does the temp guage work? mite be that the ecu can't detect that the engines hot so is still chucking in loadsa fuel
corsa12v

5th May 05 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it only smokes wen u boot it wen u drive normal it dnt smoke. yeah the temp gauge works. wots tha lamda sensor do coz the mech mentioned that but he wernt sure he sed to take it to vaux and put it on com
danny-corsa

5th May 05 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

measures wot sort of gases are going through the exhaust. ur best bet is to get it to vauxhall and get it on the diagnostic machine. if not do the paper clip test and see wot u get
Chalky

5th May 05 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lambda sensor measures the amount of unburnt oxygen in the exhaust. The ecu uses that to decide whether to sling more or less fuel into the chamber. If it reads like there's lots of unburnt oxygen then the ecu will throw in more fuel and you'll get smoke. But like Danny said, that would probably give you an engine light when you start ragging it.

What could be wrong is, if there's a hole somewhere then the lambda sensor can actually be getting more oxygen from outside the car, which will make overfuelling happen.

[Edited on 05-05-2005 by Chalky]
danny-corsa

6th May 05 at 02:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come to think of it. i rekon ur engine is fuked so u mite aswell buy my 1.0l engine off me its quick 105mph at flat knacker
corsa12v

7th May 05 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is a 1.6 sport im on about tho cant c me dropping a 1.0 in i got a 1.0 sitting in my drive il hopfully b getting rid ov 2day

New Poll