corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Bedroom colours advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bedroom colours advice
mwg

User status: Offline
8th Oct 09 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What colour wallpaper, skirtings, curtains, carpet etc. etc. would you go for in a bedroom with furniture that is black brown? (basically a very very dark brown almost black funnily enough!)

I have never ever decorated a room before so dont have a clue where to start with what colours go with what. All I know is I fancy having the wall behind the bed as some sort of patterned wallpaper as this is the wall that will have the most wall on show and the other 3 walls just lined and painted in a colour that matches it

Always liked browns and creams which I guess most people seem to do
dannymccann

8th Oct 09 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Browns and creams would work nicely, Im always one to go for a 'safe' colour scheme though
mwg

8th Oct 09 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which particular bits would you do brown and which bits cream though this is where I dont have much of a clue!

I'm guessing with the furniture being so dark I only want certain details to be brown or it'll be total brown over kill. But a light coloured carpet isn't going to be very practical...
mwg

8th Oct 09 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If anyone could post pictures of similar colour schemes that'd be even better as it would give me a proper feel for it!
Ben G

8th Oct 09 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have very dark furniture and have dark cream and tan colour walls. i'll try and get a pic for you.
Ben G

8th Oct 09 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dark dream top
tan colour bottom
white skirting boards
oak style laminated floor

i also have a rug with creams, light browns and dark chocolate colours on to tie in all the colours together.

only bad thing is i have blue curtains. never got round to changing them as my windows are such odd sizes

excuse the girly stuff, missus lives with me

only thing though is that you notice the dust everywhere with the dark furniture, so you need to polish quite often.
Danny P

8th Oct 09 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would drive me insane being able to see inside the drawers and things not being neat
marklawton

8th Oct 09 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my bedroom is cream and brown. iam after a chocolate brown leather double bed and flatscreen tv to finish the room off
mwg

8th Oct 09 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool thanks for that Ben. I could do with one of those magazine wall tidy things

Also wondering if I should wall mount my tv now!
mwg

8th Oct 09 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Mark too. You posted at the same time I replied to Ben!
Danny P

8th Oct 09 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got Brown & Cream in my room, but i've got light furnitaure. Off out in a minute but will post some pics when I get back if you want?
mwg

8th Oct 09 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes anything brown and cream all helps! Just trying to look round and pick out bits I like to give me ideas
Ben G

8th Oct 09 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
That would drive me insane being able to see inside the drawers and things not being neat

i don't mind it really. it all used to be tidy and neat but that soon went out the window as it took so long to tidy

matty - wall mounted tv's are the future! it gives me so much more space as i don't need a cabinet or stand to put it on. that's a 42'' which is about the perfect size for my room. wouldn't go any bigger really. the wires run down the left in a semi circle shaped plastic hidaway thing. easier than chiseling out the wall.

the magazine rack was only a few quid from ikea. keeps everything tidy.
mwg

8th Oct 09 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been having a play round in that Ikea bedroom planner thing. Only difference between the pics below and my room is that my room is in the roof so the top third of the ceiling as you look at it on the plan slopes towards the window hence the wardrobe can only go in the corner I have put it in! I dont think there is enough room between the radiator and corner of the wall to spin it round the other way either

TV could go either on the unit next to the wardrobe or above that unit hung on the wall!

[Edited on 08-10-2009 by mwg]
Pop

8th Oct 09 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know this isn't a bedroom but it's roughly the right colours that you are after. It is our lounge which we now have brown sofas in and oak furniture. Three walls are magnolia and one wall is muddy puddle (brown). We painted the ceiling brilliant white and the skirting is gloss white.

Here's a pic to give you a bit of an idea...

Nip down to B&Q or similar and get a book of colours, there are so many shades of most colours.
mwg

8th Oct 09 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like that muddy puddle brown. My skirting boards are already white so that would save messing round with them
Pop

8th Oct 09 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Muddy Puddle is by Dulux. There's some weird and wonderful names for some of the shades of different colours.
Matt L

8th Oct 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the exact same colours as pop in my room.

currently looking for new bedding though as my mum hates ironing my current stuff and i aint doing it... plus its dying lol.

New Poll