corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Sofa

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sofa
Colin

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 08 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think this looks ok -

Only £500 down from £1200.

We painted the lounge a different colour yest & now the sofa looks out of place
Aaron

2nd Jul 08 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like it!
C2RL R

2nd Jul 08 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my folkes have a similar one in cream not brown. looks miles better than a double and a triple. bargain at that price too.
AdZ9

2nd Jul 08 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and mrs bought one just like that for our flat about a month ago for £500, reduced from over 1k. Its bigger though as its a 3 seater one way, then a 2 seater the other with footstall on the end of the 2, tis massive, but absolutely worth it as its so comfortable
Colin

2nd Jul 08 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdZ9
Me and mrs bought one just like that for our flat about a month ago for £500, reduced from over 1k. Its bigger though as its a 3 seater one way, then a 2 seater the other with footstall on the end of the 2, tis massive, but absolutely worth it as its so comfortable

Where from mate? Were typically after a RH'er & Argos only has LH ones left
Liam

2nd Jul 08 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From Argos?

Edit - Just noticed you said it was.

[Edited on 02-07-2008 by Liam]
AdZ9

2nd Jul 08 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Land of Leather mate, although it was a 1 day sale only. Was lucky we found it really, we were walking through land of leather and more we walked in the more expensive it was so we turned around to go back but saw ours sitting in the corner, was on a special 1 day clearance offer, on the basis we picked it up or got it delivered the same weekend.

We paid for it there and then on the thursday, picked it up on the saturday in my dads van.

Thing is, such as it was an impulse buy we didn't measure it properly, went to move it into the flat weekend just gone when we moved in and it wouldn't fit up the stairs! I had to cut through the weave at the bottom and unbolt the footstool off to make it fit! Then put it back together up in the flat lol

I'll take a pic of it later tonight, post it up tomorrow (unless my broadband arrives tonight)
AdZ9

2nd Jul 08 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recommend you visit some places though to sit on and test the sofas out, i know someone who bought off Argos, got it home and it was the most uncomfortable piece of crap ever
Colin

2nd Jul 08 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah we might do that later in the week, ive heard some horror storries about land of leather though!

We didnt even need a new sofa but we've painted the lounge cream & now the cream sofa looks lost in a sea of cream

MarkM

2nd Jul 08 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks similar to mine...

They are worth every penny as the long bit is perfect for relaxing watching the TV, having sex etc.
Robbo

2nd Jul 08 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm, that would go very well in my flat
Kathryn W

2nd Jul 08 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be getting this collection from CSL

AdZ9

2nd Jul 08 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Yeah we might do that later in the week, ive heard some horror storries about land of leather though!

We didnt even need a new sofa but we've painted the lounge cream & now the cream sofa looks lost in a sea of cream

Land of leather has got to be better than Argos though mate, with all that shit thats been happening with the stuff they put on it causing people to break out in rashes!

Haha do what we have, separate the wall by a dado rail thing, bottom half painted a nic dark/chocolate brown and top a nice cream colour or a real light brown/cream. Then the cream sofa fits in fine, ours is cream

I'll get a pic later, might save you spending all that dosh on a new sofa, instead just paint half the wall for an 8th of the price!
gtitim

2nd Jul 08 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do NOT buy from Land of Leather. We bought a corner unit on boxing day, 4-6week delivery, turned up 13 weeks later. Had it re-packed twice as the padding was awful, sent it back last month. Currently sat on the DFS one we got. promised 7 week delivery, here in 5, loan sofa sent FOC until it arrived too. Not cheap, this one was £1500 against $400 from LoL but well worth the extra cash.
MarkM

2nd Jul 08 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This was the one I went for Kolingus but a different colour...

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=414774
Colin

2nd Jul 08 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to Land of Leather & Reid today aswell as a few others, seen some we like, Land of Leather have a 12hr clearance tomorrow so will pop back to see if any of the ones we like are down more.
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Jul 08 at 23:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdZ9
I recommend you visit some places though to sit on and test the sofas out, i know someone who bought off Argos, got it home and it was the most uncomfortable piece of crap ever
I did the same, I really rather dislike mine. Only chose them because it was quicker delivery. Should have waited for a proper one really.
AdZ9

3rd Jul 08 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Went to Land of Leather & Reid today aswell as a few others, seen some we like, Land of Leather have a 12hr clearance tomorrow so will pop back to see if any of the ones we like are down more.

This is how we got ours, was a 1 day clearance only, our sofa was a 1/3rd of the original price and like i said could get it there and then or pay £70 for them to deliver it before the weekend.
Colin

3rd Jul 08 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went back to Land of Leather didnt see anything, back into Reid & they got an extra 10% off today only.

Say a couch we like but its £1500 & 13 week delivery.

Not sure if we should buy it or not!!
AdZ9

3rd Jul 08 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 months till new sofa... hardly seems worth it lol in 3 months i'd of probably redecorated.

Just do what i mentioned and paint the bottom half a nice dark brown, or maybe just the one wall the sofas against?

£1500 and 13 weeks seems excessive to me!
Colin

3rd Jul 08 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin

3rd Jul 08 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What worries me is just now its only got 500 quid off it, by the time we get it it will be half price!!
AdZ9

3rd Jul 08 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice size sofa, but i thought you were after a darker one as your walls are cream? Thats almost as bad as cream against cream!
My only niggling problem with that pic is the silly silver feet it has, goes against the rest of the design, and would look weird i feel
Colin

3rd Jul 08 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno Jade likes it :Z
Colin

3rd Jul 08 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the colour my walls are now -

I dont have any style tastes as such Jade thinks it would go...........

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll