corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Couch Day

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Couch Day
MarkM

User status: Offline
   27th Feb 08 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ordered these two in Camel colour...middle of Jan in the sales from Dfs...still awaiting delivery...

Corner sofa should have been £1798 but got it for £799...and swivel chair should have been £799 but got it for £399...

Also got myself a 40" Samsung HD tv and stand...fish tank was set up....new plant....coffee table...

Kitting your place out is satisfying but fookin expensive!!!

Brett
Premium Member

27th Feb 08 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New credit card?

Nice gear tho
MarkM

29th Feb 08 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope...all bought outright...which is why I say kitting out your place if FOOKIN expensive!!

All my disposable income has gone on the flat the last few months...
Dean_W

3rd Mar 08 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
Corner sofa should have been £1798 but got it for £799...and swivel chair should have been £799 but got it for £399...

Did you know, that is a load of crap?

My friend supplies to DFS. They mark a sofa up which has £800 rrp at near twice the price for one day, in one store. They don't sell any at that price, say they don't have any left.

They can then reduce it by however many percent......so, in effect, you think your getting a £1800 sofa for half price but you ain't. Your getting a £800 sofa for the rrp which it should be sold at.

Clever eh.....

[Edited on 03-03-2008 by Dean_W]
MarkM

3rd Mar 08 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_W
quote:

My friend supplies to DFS. They mark a sofa up which has £800 rrp at near twice the price for one day, in one store. They don't sell any at that price, say they don't have any left.

They can then reduce it by however many percent......so, in effect, you think your getting a £1800 sofa for half price but you ain't. Your getting a £800 sofa for the rrp which it should be sold at.

Clever eh.....

Well done.

However it does not concern me. I am paying what I feel it is worth regardless of the saving.

If I would have seen a sofa for RRP £799 in another store with no discount that I liked more than the Dfs sofa I would have bought that instead.

I didnt buy it because it had an apparent discount. I bought it because I liked it...

Weird eh?
BigSte

3rd Mar 08 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Clever eh.....

I thought it had to be offered for at least 3 months before they can offer a reduction, not one day..... (it's a while since I did company law at uni so I could be wrong!)
BYRON

3rd Mar 08 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

feeling the expense too. Just spent nearly 2k on a leather sofa.
MarkM

3rd Mar 08 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BigSte
quote:
quote:

Clever eh.....

I thought it had to be offered for at least 3 months before they can offer a reduction, not one day..... (it's a while since I did company law at uni so I could be wrong!)

Yes, also he claims that they sell them for 1 day at the higher price yet tell people they have not got any left...

So what he is saying is if someone did want to buy the sofa at the increased price they would turn down the sale?

1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

9th Mar 08 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was looking at this one, but when they told me delivery times of 3 months i looked elsewhere. Ended up with this one from Harveys, coldnt believe it but the actually had it in stock and will be delievered next week.

Charlene

9th Mar 08 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seen that one in harveys, its nice

I got a L shape one from harveys, got delievered within less then 2 weeks, cost me 2k though, il get pictures soon
Twiggy

9th Mar 08 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

took land of leather 3mths to deliver ours!

Blagged a discount though soooo
Russ

10th Mar 08 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont like the sofa we bought, it was also from DFS, and it had been reduced to 1k. single chair, l(ish) shape sofa, and pooof
BYRON

10th Mar 08 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went for a 2x 3 seater leather sofa and matching footstall. Got it from Harveys.

MarkM

10th Mar 08 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We still havnt received ours...

They reckon its going to take the full 12 weeks to be delivered.
BYRON

10th Mar 08 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I phoned to check progress and ours id sue into stock early April.
MarkM

10th Mar 08 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same for me...early April I was told...

Robbo

10th Mar 08 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Satisfying but VERY VERY expensive... especially when you're as card happy as I am

New Poll