corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97
John

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 09 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm planning on giving it a go, I've got a couple of things that will get in the way within the next fortnight so i'll wait until after that.

I'm also waiting for the Dizzy Rascal seal of approval first.
Pop

3rd Oct 09 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to have a good look through all the stuff tonight. Can't afford to lose any weight as I'm skinny anyway.

Going off the youtube videos posted it looks like it's going to be a killer.
Paul_J

3rd Oct 09 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just built my iron gym Surprisingly it works really well. Could hang off it easy, feels really firm.

Pop - If you're what is known as a 'hard gainer' - basically skinny and struggle to put any weight on, I'd really focus on increasing your carbs / protein intake while you're doing the program... I think the first 30 day phase of limited carbs is used for normal people to lose a bit of excess fat. There are vids though of skinny guys getting good gains on youtube too tho.
Cosmo

3rd Oct 09 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As the programme says, you can take a week or so off any part or add weeks on to others depending on if you feel you need it.

So if you're finding the first phase is cutting too much then shorten it to 2 weeks and 1 week 'rest' as they do it, and then make the second phase which is more building to 4 weeks and 1 week rest.
Paul_J

3rd Oct 09 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm still really ill. Have been since thurs, so unfortunately I'm not sure if I can start it this week. Ways things are looking I'm gonna have to have time off work.
Cosmo

3rd Oct 09 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You just cant bring it can you?
Paul_J

4th Oct 09 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not impressed. My house mate must of chucked out or eaten the diced chicken I had ready in the fridge for p90x.

That stuff ain't cheap either like £3.60

really not impressed, will have to buy some more tommorrow.
Pop

4th Oct 09 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm still wading through all the nutritional stuff. Need to get a chin up bar as well.

I wouldn't be happy with your housemate if he'd done that to me.
DizzyRebel

4th Oct 09 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well ive had a look at it, whilst the gains and losses seen from it arent bad - its something thats only going to work once and is going to require 100% discipline to the cause.

It looks like it works well because the explanations and demonstrations are very thorough, and whilst the concept is nothing new - the way its put across is making it as simple as possible so people have a higher chance of success.

Its not something id start just before xmas though as all the progress will go out the window, and doing it again after the festive season wont yeild the same effects as the first time.

IMO the Velocity 3.0 diet done by t-nation is better and the results from it appear to be better also.

At the end of the day, any training and nutrition plan thats half decent will give impressive gains.... the reason 99% of fitness crusades fail is that the person doing them lacks the discipline needed to get the required results.

Ill be interested to see peoples before and after pics. Im going to do a 12 week bulk before going on a 4 week velocity diet in the new year, so ill be interested to see how this works in comparison.
Paul_J

4th Oct 09 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To make things worse... my pull up bar is fine at my parents home (where I was this weekend).

But just got back to my flat and these partion walls seem to be straining - whenever I try to do a pull up the whole lot creeks, which doesn't fill me with confidence...

Actually if I take the bar off and just push against the wall with my hand the wall creaks! that's how thin it is

Doh... maybe this is gonna be impossible for me to do - not sure where else i can put the bar etc.
Paul_J

4th Oct 09 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. mikenocorsa
2. loafofbrett * PAID - POSTED
3. M4tt_Envoy * PAID - POSTED
4. JM Curdy?
5. ljames555 *PAID - POSTED
6. Andy_sxi * PAID - POSTED
7. DannyP
8. jim_r1 * PAID - POSTED
9. Pop * PAID - POSTED
10. jaffa * PAID - POSTED
11. captain_rosco * PAID - POSTED
12. allza * PAID
13. JohnnyR
jim_r1

4th Oct 09 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are people going to be posting their progress, before and after pics etc. I dont want to be the only one?
Pop

5th Oct 09 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jim_r1
Are people going to be posting their progress, before and after pics etc. I dont want to be the only one?

Yeah I will do.
Paul_J

5th Oct 09 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm still really ill Stomach Cramps and Rushing to toilet lots... I doubt i'm gonna be starting this, this week.
Cosmo

5th Oct 09 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havent had time to sort the whole nutrition side over the weekend so havent been able to start the diet exactly as it should be today.

Going to start the fitness part later though, and then sort the diet properly to begin that tomorrow.
Dan
Premium Member

5th Oct 09 at 09:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck buying that ready cooked diced chicken.

I buy them mini chicken fillets from tesco. 500g pack's, 3 for a tenner. Then cook the whole lot in oven for 40mins. That lasts me 3 or 4 day's. Just keep in fridge and then re heat in micro.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Cosmo

5th Oct 09 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan

I buy them mini chicken fillets from tesco. 500g pack's, 3 for a tenner. Then cook the whole lot in oven for 40mins. That lasts me 3 or 4 day's. Just keep in fridge and then re heat in micro.

Yup, thats what I'll be doing!
Danny P

5th Oct 09 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul - Sorry mate it's been my birthday this weekend and i've been out since Thursday, just sent you the £5 via PayPal.

Sorry for the delay, i'll u2u my address over now
Paul_J

5th Oct 09 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan

So what? you just cook the fillets whole? Do you use any flavourings? spices? or anything?

- I originally bought the mini fillets and manually sliced them up each day and stir fried them with peppers and some green beans, but always had too much left over - so i bought the diced chicken instead as it was a smaller portion.

interesting though if you just cook a whole load of mini fillets and leave em in the fridge... would've thought they'd be really bland, plus is it risky re heating them again?

1. mikenocorsa
2. loafofbrett * PAID - POSTED
3. M4tt_Envoy * PAID - POSTED
4. JM Curdy?
5. ljames555 *PAID - POSTED
6. Andy_sxi * PAID - POSTED
7. DannyP * PAID
8. jim_r1 * PAID - POSTED
9. Pop * PAID - POSTED
10. jaffa * PAID - POSTED
11. captain_rosco * PAID - POSTED
12. allza * PAID
13. JohnnyR
J da Silva

5th Oct 09 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't wait to see who ends looking like Vitor Belfort first.
Brett
Premium Member

5th Oct 09 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Bring it!"

Cheers Paul
Paul_J

5th Oct 09 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow that mail was fast
Andy_sxi

5th Oct 09 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got mine in the post today too, Thanks
J4M13

5th Oct 09 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right guy's downloaded it all last night and just done the first day.
All i can say is...im fucked! That was one of the hardest things iv ever done in the space of one workout in my life
Pushed as hard as physically possible, do the same and you will know what i mean when i said the above.
Only thing iv not started properly today is the diet, iv eaten clean today with whats in the house but a trip to tescos tomorrow and diet will be started tomorrow .
Taken my before pics aswell.

Looking forward to what you guys make of it if you are doing day 1 today.

89 Days left! Bring IT!
Paul_J

5th Oct 09 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how many pull ups can you do?

I'm ok at press ups, but pull ups i'm so shit at lol.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97 24 database queries in 0.1079488 seconds