corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97
Paul_J

User status: Offline
1st Oct 09 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh deffo mix it up. Even if you take something you love eating, if you eat enough of it you'll get sick of it. Just tried plyometrics! Wow gets you sweating and legs burn! Next time I'll do it outside though as I was hitting the ceiling when I jumped.
Paul_J

1st Oct 09 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a fucking retard- each padded envelope I bought (I bought 6) was actually 3 in one pack!

so I've got 18
Paul_J

2nd Oct 09 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. mikenocorsa
2. loafofbrett * PAID - POSTED
3. M4tt_Envoy * PAID - POSTED
4. JM Curdy?
5. ljames555 *PAID - POSTED
6. Andy_sxi * PAID - POSTED
7. DannyP
8. jim_r1 * PAID - POSTED
9. Pop * PAID - POSTED
10. jaffa * PAID - POSTED

Ok guys, these are posted now...

top tip, when you get the dvd, read the introduction video titled 'Bring it' - it explains a bit... Then read the two pdf guides.

The two pdf guides show you the order of the vids to do etc.

Good luck
John

2nd Oct 09 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody had any ideas instead of a pull up bar?

All I can think of is doing it off the rafters in the garage, I'd look like a bit of a fanny doing that though.
Paul_J

2nd Oct 09 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my dvd drive is so slow

I did a plyometrics while I waited, knackered now ... need bed.

Enjoy guys, read the info and get the gear - let me know how you get on!!

- John, he shows you in the vids you can use resitance bands instead of pull up bar to do the same. Show you exactly how. Watch 'Chest and Back' and it'll show you.

Why not get a door mounted pull up bar like the rest of us?
John

2nd Oct 09 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh, I've not done anything more than skim read the pdf.

I read somewhere the other day (no idea where ) that they rip the door frame apart.
Paul_J

2nd Oct 09 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol doubtful mate, google all the reviews, youtube, etc ... maybe 1 bad apple - probably using it incorrectly.
Laney

2nd Oct 09 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I give it 3 weeks before people get bored of this ...
Paul_J

2nd Oct 09 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Laney

quite likely, but then again the gains some people show in just 3 weeks
Cosmo

2nd Oct 09 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Anybody had any ideas instead of a pull up bar?

All I can think of is doing it off the rafters in the garage, I'd look like a bit of a fanny doing that though.

As Paul said he shows how you can use resistance bands instead of doing the pull ups, personally though after seeing a few of the vids Id try to to pull ups rather than use those.

Ive got a pull up bar over the rafters in my garage, mainly as thats where Ive got a gym and not running inside to use a pull up bar on a door frame
Paul_J

2nd Oct 09 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We can't all be as rich as the princes in dubai.
Pop

2nd Oct 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well thanks to a hand delivered service from Paul I now have all the info. Need to have a read up on it and get a chin up bar.

Are people going to post body stats before they start to keep everyone motivated to keep on going and improve?
Cosmo

2nd Oct 09 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I may post up something, Im doing all the nutrition work tomorrow so will see what it comes out with.
Paul_J

2nd Oct 09 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll post up my body stats but things like weight is irrelevant. Gonna leave it up to the before and after pics. Will prob post progress pics at 30 days
Marc

2nd Oct 09 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

2/3's of the people doing it will possibly give up. Others I reckon will keep at it.
Cosmo

2nd Oct 09 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im fairly determined to keep at it, if not to get fit but to see if the success stores on Youtube and the like are just bullshit.
Paul_J

2nd Oct 09 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ that's true. Some will never start, some will start and give up and some will start but do it half arsed, eat curries, skip workouts etc.

But hopefully some will stick at it and do it properly. I know in the past I've done similar requiring similar will power. I know it will be hard at first and I won't do as long or as many reps as the vids at first. I also know there will be a few nights out drinking for mates birthdays and stuff, but as long as I'm not injured or ill I will stick at it! Even more so if I see good gains.

Unfortunately since Thursday I've been quite unwell. Hope to be better by Monday.
Cosmo

2nd Oct 09 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My only downfall will be when Liverpool are playing, where I will have a drink. Will be 4 or 5 pints if its at home, and maybe 6 or 7 if we're away and Im at the pub.

I can handle not drinking at any other time, be it out round town or generally at home, its mainly football where Ive always done it and always will.
John

2nd Oct 09 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read over both the nutrition and the fitness books.

It's just like every other scheme out there.

Not saying that's a bad thing, I've always got more chance of following things through if there's a set plan.

It's working different muscle groups every day and eating well, no more no less, just with some fancy sounding names for the workouts.
Marc

2nd Oct 09 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
My only downfall will be when Liverpool are playing, where I will have a drink. Will be 4 or 5 pints if its at home, and maybe 6 or 7 if we're away and Im at the pub.

I can handle not drinking at any other time, be it out round town or generally at home, its mainly football where Ive always done it and always will.

I know people that only drink vodka mix on night outs to keep the calories down!

Only problem about going out drinking regularly, throws all the hard work from the gym away.
Cosmo

2nd Oct 09 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, it doesnt pretend to be anything else I dont think. Certainly from the vid and the same books Ive read, they dont try to make out they are anything revolutionary.

I think their main selling point is the fact they have everything all there in one plan, the workout, the diet, etc. which for most people is the down fall with trying to figure it all out.
Cosmo

2nd Oct 09 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

I know people that only drink vodka mix on night outs to keep the calories down!

Only problem about going out drinking regularly, throws all the hard work from the gym away.

Yup, alcohol is a real bitch. So full of bad stuff even though its purely liquid.

Still not going to stop me on match days though
Marc

2nd Oct 09 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The amount of cardio needed to burn it off is rediculous.

End of the day it all depends what you want to get out of this program.
Paul_J

2nd Oct 09 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is john. Try a few of the work outs properly. I doubt you would normally push yourself as hard as you do in the vids.

Basically it may be nothing new, but it's a simple plan to follow with countless proven gains across the Internet.

It's often hard to keep pushing yourself harder when it's up to you what you do, how hard and how long.

With these vids I feel you will always be aiming to get as close to what these guys can do. So despite not being able to keep up at the start, I will keep pushing to do what they can do (Which is a lot). Eventually I hope to do what the best people in the vid can do... Tony always shows you the easy way, the normal way and the extreme way to do things.

Doing that plyometrics the other day, felt more intense than going for a hour 30 run
J da Silva

2nd Oct 09 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Probably the opposite with the speed of body change tbh, it will more likely drive the individual on, unlike most training regimes where the change is gradual and the gains are moderate.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97 23 database queries in 0.2061951 seconds