corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » illegal spider fighting?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author illegal spider fighting?
sc0ott

User status: Offline
28th Sep 09 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Following from the spider thread on the previous page, there has been loads of those huge house spiders in the GF's house. all of them were killed (her choice). the last one we found was sittin in the bath tub but was lucky enough not to be killed so i decided to put it in a glass cup and throw it out, BUT when i got outside i remembered there was this ugly looking garden orb spider on the outside of her toilet window and with that being frosted glass we couldnt see it from the inside. so instead of being released the spider in the cup was thrown onto its web.

specification of both spiders are below for those wondering what im talking about,

big house spider,
http://www.uksafari.com/housespiders.htm

garden orb spider,
http://www.uksafari.com/cross.htm

needles to say the orb spider was no where to be seen but when the spider hit the web it came running out of no where and both started fighting. about a minute later the orb spider had it wrapped in web. about a day later the orb spider had eaten it.

advantage to the orb as the web was its own etc but if there is going to be a next time it will be on a hard surface to give the other the chance.

[Edited on 28-09-2009 by sc0ott]
Cavey

28th Sep 09 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking spiders, i'm forever walking into cobwebs and getting them across my face. Damn people for having leafy, flowery gardens, and needing mail delivered
Cavey

28th Sep 09 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

btw, read the thread now...

Spider Wars... i'm sure Bravo or Nat Geo will pay for that
Tomnova16
Premium Member

28th Sep 09 at 23:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have an orb spider living in the outside of the window on my work shop, the rule is any spiders found inside get put in the web especially those found in the office, i also fed it a dune bug ha ha

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
sc0ott

29th Sep 09 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another got put in the web of death last night. wasny quite the same as the first time and when i went back out later on it had gone so it must have fell off.
Conway563

29th Sep 09 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've got shit loads of spiders out the back of the house but most of them are tube web spiders. Have tried feeding them stuff before but it usually doesn't work very well
I quite often tease them with bits of grass though

http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00049/spider_alamy_49779s.jpg

If you go out at night the back of the house is covered in these

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ezZXO5Iridw/Sl-EvYw26ZI/AAAAAAAAAJ8/0EKI0jcpAWc/s320/segestria_tunel.jpg
sc0ott

30th Sep 09 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha last night i walked into the GF's house and she was standing outside the bedroom door, there was another one of these next to her drawings, fucking massive compared to the others weve found.

same routine, glass cup and thrown into the web of death. but i think by the sheer power of this thing the orb spider gave in although it had its back two legs wrapped the other managed to escape.
Daimo B

1st Oct 09 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got quite a few of those Garden Orb ones at the moment in the garden.

One though stands above the rest, its around an inch long, shes a big ol girl compared to the others. And she ate something last night nearly as big as her, so expecting a grother spout.

Don't like those other buggers though, they bite, i've had blood drawn from one of those mofos.

[Edited on 01-10-2009 by VXR]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

1st Oct 09 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's an orb one on the kitchen window at the moment. He's called Sid.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
alan-g-w

3rd Oct 09 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was walking through a corridor in work that always has loads of the orb spiders around. I noticed a daddy long legs on the wall, swiftly grabbed it and threw it onto the biggest web I could see. A good sized beast of a spider came out, sank its fangs into the daddy longlegs and after it flailing about for a few seconds it was dead and the spider started muching it. The next day the daddy long legs was no where to be seen, I'm gonna start seeing what the biggest thing is that they'll attack

New Poll