corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine transplant question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine transplant question
Sri94

User status: Offline
27th Feb 03 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure about this, so thought id ask, when transplanting an engine does the imobiliser come into play at all??? i mean my sri soesnt have one, but if i was to put in an engine that came from a car with an imobiliser would it complicate things at all???

Any help appriciated, cheers, Mike.
miles

User status: Offline
27th Feb 03 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The standard immobiliser is built into the loom and ecu on the x14xe and x16xe engines. You will need to get all the transponder stuff for it to work.

In a word, yes, it will complicate things!

New Poll