corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » First car

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author First car
will_doyle
Banned

User status: Offline
20th Sep 09 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i text the matey and said is the corsa sold

he text back and said no

I then text him and said I want to buy the car, ill ring you tomorrow.

he said sorry I made a mistake.. its sold

I said, k

[Edited on 20-09-2009 by will_doyle]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

20th Sep 09 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by will_doyle
quote:
Originally posted by LukeD
insurance prices come up ok for 1.6?

As your young, first car and only want to keep it for one year- why not just get a 1.2 or something as the insurance wont be crippiling then
urmm they are like £1400 fully comp for a 1.6... which seems cheap imo...??
Why would you go fully comp on a car worth a grand?
£1400 is pretty good imo, I paid £1300 for my first year fully comp

Dizzy, I have been fully comp this year and last (both years I've had the/a car), in one instance it was a good job because I needed a new windscreen. Also my mate was crashed into a couple of years ago and he was TPFT with Direct Line and because of not being FC he had to go through so much hassle to sort the claim out, that they said they would usually do if he was FC.

Most insurance companys give windscreen cover anyway or for an additional fee of like £50. And it should make no difference to the length or complexity of your claim wether you are tpft or fully comp.

Very rarely is it cheaper fully comp, esp for new drivers. If the accident is your fault then depending on the level of damage it will be as cheap to pay to repair the car yourself.... on a £1000 corsa theres fuck all point in going fully comp

you really are a fucking nugget arnt you?

what if he writes it off?
theres 1k down the pan straight away. he will then need to find another 1k for another car
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

20th Sep 09 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and even if he does go tpft and crashes it but its not a write off. he'll then have to wait until he has saved up enough to get it fixed.

we arnt all minted like you obviously seem to be
will_doyle
Banned

20th Sep 09 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This car?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

20th Sep 09 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plastic inlet?

i am selling this car on behalf of my son. i am only selling due to needing a bigger car for work

so which is it?
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Sep 09 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I said earlier, look for something closer to you. High Wycombe is a moderate drive from me so it will literally be about 3 or so hours for you. If you're prepared to have the possibility of wasting your time, money and petrol to travel that distance for 10 minutes looking at a car that may or may not be any good then that's fine but you really will be much better off trying to find something closer first.

Try not to just limit yourself to a specific model or engine, there are plenty of models with 1.2 or 1.4 engines in, you are more likely to find one nearer to you that way.

At the end of the day, you're only keeping it for a year, so you may as well just get something that's easy for you to get to rather than go a couple of hundred miles out of your way for something specific.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
will_doyle
Banned

20th Sep 09 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want the corsa in black, no other colour.. cant seem to find anything nearer to home
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Sep 09 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
plastic inlet?

i am selling this car on behalf of my son. i am only selling due to needing a bigger car for work

so which is it?
I noticed that inlet too, that's not right is it? I didn't think any of the 1.4's came with plastic inlets. Then again I may be wrong.

Maybe he means his son needs a bigger car for work, it's not exactly worded very well.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

20th Sep 09 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as far as im aware it was only the c16xe that came with the plastic inlet
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Sep 09 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I want the corsa in black, no other colour.. cant seem to find anything nearer to home
Again, you're only keeping it for a year. If you were planning on having it for several years then you might as well get the right one, but you really don't need to be as fussy when it's your first car and you're not keeping it long.

When I was looking for my first car I wanted anything but a Corsa and would only get a Corsa if it was in good nick and a 12v because of the low insurance group. Look what I ended up with

Edit - That's what I thought Mark. Hmm...

[Edited on 20-09-2009 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
DizzyRebel

20th Sep 09 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LukeD
insurance prices come up ok for 1.6?

As your young, first car and only want to keep it for one year- why not just get a 1.2 or something as the insurance wont be crippiling then
urmm they are like £1400 fully comp for a 1.6... which seems cheap imo...??
Why would you go fully comp on a car worth a grand?
£1400 is pretty good imo, I paid £1300 for my first year fully comp

Dizzy, I have been fully comp this year and last (both years I've had the/a car), in one instance it was a good job because I needed a new windscreen. Also my mate was crashed into a couple of years ago and he was TPFT with Direct Line and because of not being FC he had to go through so much hassle to sort the claim out, that they said they would usually do if he was FC.

Most insurance companys give windscreen cover anyway or for an additional fee of like £50. And it should make no difference to the length or complexity of your claim wether you are tpft or fully comp.

Very rarely is it cheaper fully comp, esp for new drivers. If the accident is your fault then depending on the level of damage it will be as cheap to pay to repair the car yourself.... on a £1000 corsa theres fuck all point in going fully comp

you really are a fucking nugget arnt you?

what if he writes it off?
theres 1k down the pan straight away. he will then need to find another 1k for another car

You are a nugget if you would ever contemplate making a claim in your first year of driving. No one would touch you in your second year of driving and if they did your premium would shoot up 500-1000 easily.

Thats why you buy a cheap car as your first, you expect to have a bump in it and if you do then either spend a few hundred fixing it or a few hundred buying a new one.
will_doyle
Banned

20th Sep 09 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about

http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=519097
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Sep 09 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dude that one's 5 hours from you

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

20th Sep 09 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you completely retarded dizzy?

you dont choose to make a claim! it just happens!

i made 2 claims in my first year. 1 was a write off and im glad i got fc cover as i wouldnt have been payed the 1100 for my car

meaning i couldnt have gotten some of the jobs i had

meaning i may have had to take less money

meaning its harder for me to save for a new car!
Cosmo

20th Sep 09 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You are a nugget if you would ever contemplate making a claim in your first year of driving. No one would touch you in your second year of driving and if they did your premium would shoot up 500-1000 easily.

Thats why you buy a cheap car as your first, you expect to have a bump in it and if you do then either spend a few hundred fixing it or a few hundred buying a new one.

My sister wrote off a £7k car in her first year, put her ins up about £30 I think it was (was less than £50 anyway). She then get hit reversing out of the drive, it wasnt her fault but it ended up being a 50/50 claim. Put nothing extra on her insurance.
will_doyle
Banned

20th Sep 09 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I know..

but I cant find one at that price within like 2 hours drive. lol

he said he will accept 650
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

20th Sep 09 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have the money now?
will_doyle
Banned

20th Sep 09 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
do you have the money now?

yes

I have £650

Its just I dont no what will happen about insuring it.. etc... do I get my mate GF... who is fully comp on hers.. that prob means fk all...

hmm

any ideas..

ta mate
will_doyle
Banned

20th Sep 09 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have £650.. thats all

DizzyRebel

20th Sep 09 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
are you completely retarded dizzy?

you dont choose to make a claim! it just happens!

i made 2 claims in my first year. 1 was a write off and im glad i got fc cover as i wouldnt have been payed the 1100 for my car

meaning i couldnt have gotten some of the jobs i had

meaning i may have had to take less money

meaning its harder for me to save for a new car!

Im talking about if he went into a ditch on his own accord. If he crashed into somone else then its a different game entirely, but that would be 2 claims (one 3rd party and one personal) and the fact he had an accident in the first year would cripple him the year after anyway.

The way i did my first year was bought an XR2i for £450, paid £1100 tpft insurance - i put it in a hedge, £30 later for a new tail light and bumper it was reet to drive again. Then igot rid of it and got a corsa gsi, went to insure that the year after and insurance dropped down to £680 tpft.

Buying anything expensive for your first car is a mistake as your first year of driving is where 99% of us have our first crash, so instead of raising premiums any higher than they have to be, buy something cheap that you wont miss if you crash it and keep your premium low by going tpft.

I know what i mean, you lot just love to try and explode things into epic proportions when really, if you just read something without getting excited at the prospect of jering somone online you might actually get what they are saying.
DizzyRebel

20th Sep 09 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I have £650.. thats all

Well its a long drive for a car you wont be able to afford to drive for the next month anyway.

Sit on your cash, cheap corsas are 10 a penny and wait till you get one closer to you. If you pay for insurance monthly you still need to put down a £200-£300 deposit when you take out the policy anyway.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

20th Sep 09 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no thats not what it is

its you being a complete bell in the way you explain things

even if he does put it in a hedge who's to say its not gonna be a couple of hundred to fix? does he have that money readily available to fix it?
DizzyRebel

20th Sep 09 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
no thats not what it is

its you being a complete bell in the way you explain things

even if he does put it in a hedge who's to say its not gonna be a couple of hundred to fix? does he have that money readily available to fix it?

His excess will usually be £500 anyway, so hes fucked either way
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Sep 09 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
I know..

but I cant find one at that price within like 2 hours drive. lol

he said he will accept 650
Try looking in other places than online then. Try shop windows, local newspapers etc.

Also if you spend all the money you have on the car alone then you'll be without insurance until you get more money and then will end up with a car on the drive or wherever until you can afford to pay the insurance deposit.

If you can't find anything in your budget within a 2 hour driving distance then either wait until you have more money or think about other engines, specs, colours etc. Broaden your scope as it will be much easier to find something.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

20th Sep 09 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

save up for a while more. i'd go for an sxi if i was you. cheaper to run and performance isnt that much different

and you'll need a big deposit for your insurance

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » First car 23 database queries in 0.1111920 seconds