corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Changing the Head Unit on Corsa C

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Changing the Head Unit on Corsa C
Carlos_UK

User status: Offline
26th Feb 03 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK, first of all apologies to those of you who have answered this question millions of times, but I've searched through all the threads and can't find what I'm looking for, so here goes......

I have a Pioneer DEH-6400R head unit that I wanna put into my corsa, I took the standard unit out last night (CDR 2005) to discover to my delight that the connectors on the car are standard ISO and so plugged in my Pioneer, only to find that it doesn't fit cos of the connectors on the car are designed to fit snuggly onto the original stereo and does not allow for the connectors on my pioneer!!

I am aware that you can get a harness adapter but that would seem to create the same problem, so do I have to remove anything else as I'm trying to be as warranty friendly as possible!! (BTW I am aware that I will need to get a fascia adapter, but that still won't solve this problem!)

I leave it open to you guys!!
Munchie

27th Feb 03 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it does allow it.rip da cage out and hide the wires behind it. i have the same system and same car and same problem!! u will also need a aerial adaptor as well...
Munchie

27th Feb 03 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive added u to msn
dj_ade

13th Mar 03 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah - U can unscrew the cage there is a screw at the back of the gap that the cd2005 left.. take it out then take the cage out - there ya have it, u can now connect with ease! Aerial and all!!

New Poll