corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » clutch help - slips way too much

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author clutch help - slips way too much
Kris TD

User status: Offline
26th Feb 03 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, my clutch cant seem to cope with the increase of torque when i tuned my engine. does the gsi have a bigger plate or does anyone know if one from an astra tds will fit, its pretty much the same gearbox, well they are both f13's just different versions.
ainsley_brader

26th Feb 03 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only thing that might be different is the flywheel.
The clutch spline is definitely the same.
MattyB

26th Feb 03 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U mite as well go for a closer ration box as well Kris? Maybe a GSi/Sport unit and a sport clutch?

Just so u no it'll easy cope easy with the power ur talkin bout and have a slightly better change.

Matt
Kris TD

26th Feb 03 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah, close ratio gearbox will give a top speed of like 80 in my car, dont forget it only revs upto 5200 ish.

my car has the same torque as a gsi as standard, now its running loads more, infact probably the same amount as a 140 - 150 bhp gsi. matty, if anything i want a longer ratio box. first gear is pants. may do what akeemking has done and go for a 1.7 diesel astra box as it has a wider ratio.

New Poll