corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa GSI - crash

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa GSI - crash
pandamoanium

User status: Offline
   26th Feb 03 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

I have just had a car accident and the front of my corsa is a mess! The bumper is pretty much bent in and the bonnet is also bent in. The right front light is broken and there is water leaking from under the car. I assume it is the radiator. Pls could somebody help and let me know what i should do ? I know i have to take the car to a panel-beater, but am not wanting to spend loads of money to get it fixed. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated ???

Thanks
Pandamoanium
jipp

26th Feb 03 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm. it's going to be a bit expensive unfortunatly mostly due to trhe rareness of the gsi kit. you may have to get this from vauxhall
3CorsaMeal

26th Feb 03 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the slam panel (where the light bolt to) creased at all, would need jigging/pulling out. Rad could be fcuked, if its moved back too far.
Its gonna be quite pricey and you may need to buy new bonnet/wings if they bent too much.
pandamoanium

26th Feb 03 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I don't think the radiator is fcuked, it does not look like it was pushed back at all. I know i will need a new bonnet, but the wings are fine and the bumper is fine. The bumper has just been pushed down, as the other cars bumper sort of went on top of my bumper. So where my grill is the bumper has just been pushed in. The leak was not there when i drove from the crash, but when i drove it last night it leaked ?? I was only going about 20mph, so was not serious... The chassis where the chassis number goes looks a bit bent in... Is it easy to take the bumper off the car ??
OFcorsa

26th Feb 03 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whose fault was it? And what happened. yes it easy to take the bumper off ...get a haynes manual tells you how to do it.
pandamoanium

26th Feb 03 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My fault as i hit the person from behind, but her fault as she stopped in the middle of traffic lights for a police car which turned the other direction. So instead of pulling over to the side she just braked in the middle of the road and i braked and skidded into her! But as i hit her from behind they say it is my fault... Got the haynes manual, but just wanted to make sure there is no extra bits as it looks easy!
OFcorsa

26th Feb 03 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is that easy. Unfortunatley it is your fault cos they will say you should have been driving the correct speed and distance behind her! oh dear
pandamoanium

26th Feb 03 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing can do now but just try get it fixed, but don't want to pay some outrageous amount. So will go get a quote and see what happens, might just take the bumper off first and just see if they can do the body work.
morty

26th Feb 03 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will your insurance not pay for it even though it is your fault? they should do and if you have quite a big xs it may be less then your going to pay for the repair??

Good luck and sorry to hear about the incident mate

Darren M
stuyw

26th Feb 03 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ur insurance will come out and assess the damage and they will tell u if its gonna be wrote off
Makarus

26th Feb 03 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If she is claiming from you for the damage (I assume she is) then you may aswell get yours fixed on insurance too, as you will have to pay out the excess anyway to fix hers you may aswell get them both done at the same time instead of doing it seperatly.
ainsley_brader

26th Feb 03 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he could be tpft!

New Poll