corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » GT5 could be here soon! **Update** Release quarter confirmed & Now **damage screenshot**

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author GT5 could be here soon! **Update** Release quarter confirmed & Now **damage screenshot**
Jamie-C

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 09 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In a video interview with French gaming site GameBlog.fr, Kazunori Yamauchi hinted at Gran Turismo 5’s release date with the following statement (thanks to reece22345 for the translation!):

- “I really understand that lots of people are interested in GT5, and we will do everything we can so that the game is released quickly. But we are focusing our priorities and Gran Turismo will come out on the PSP the 1st of october first. The only thing I want to tell you today, is that GT5 will be released shortly after this date.“

Yamauchi’s statements fall in line with what GTPlanet has learned previously, making a 2009 release date even more certain than it already was. He also hinted at why he is often so secretive in his interviews, adding that he ““rarely wants to talk about the future” and “”likes to be precise, and he’s not happy talking about stuff that isn’t concrete and ready”. When the whole world (or would that be…’Planet?) painstakenly examines and archives your every word, it would give anyone extra pause before opening their mouth.

The GameBlog crew must have also picked Yamauchi’s pockets, because they managed, somehow, to get hold of these screenshots. You may remember seeing them before – we originally posted them here in the highest resolution that was available from Polyphony Digital’s own website (they were taken offline shortly thereafter). GameBlog, however, got some copies that were considerably larger in size. Hmmm…

Taken from GT Planet.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-to-release-shortly-after-gt-psp/#comments

Can't wait

[Edited on 24-08-2009 by Jamie-C]

Jamie-C

22nd Aug 09 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vid from Gamescom as well. Looks quality, the attention to detail is brilliant. Also shows damage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yS0hHKHF_Y&eurl=http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php%3Ft%3D119350%26page%3D3&feature=player_embedded#t=29
SportBoy

22nd Aug 09 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oooh a psp version sounds good
noshua

22nd Aug 09 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of interest, how long as this game been in development?
p

22nd Aug 09 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant wait for this!
Jamie-C

22nd Aug 09 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
Out of interest, how long as this game been in development?

5 years
Doug

22nd Aug 09 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still won't be as good as Forza.

Had to get that in before the fanboys
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Aug 09 at 23:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damage looks very minimal, all that crashing and the bumpers just hung off on one corner.
Jamie-C

23rd Aug 09 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, plus only 170 cars are going to have damage. TBH its not that important anyway, all 1000 cars are going to have a cockpit view though

And I've heard that you can link an eyetoy to it and it tracks your head movement and the drivers head moves as well (Not sure on that though)
Doug

23rd Aug 09 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Vid from Gamescom as well. Looks quality, the attention to detail is brilliant. Also shows damage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yS0hHKHF_Y&eurl=http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php%3Ft%3D119350%26page%3D3&feature=player_embedded#t=29

LOL at the damage engine

I hope the game is worth the 5 year wait but I dont think it will be. My honest feeling is that Forza fits me better as its 'more' realistic. But the amount of hours I have spent playing GT 1-4 in my youth is quite scary, I really want this game to piss all over Forza so I have to go buy a PS3 and carry on playing the GT series, I just dont think it can do it
Matt H

23rd Aug 09 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would rather have had a damage-free game 2 years ago
Jamie-C

24th Aug 09 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4th quarter of 2009

Was seen on a brochure handed out at gamescom!

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5s-q4-2009-release-date-confirmed/#comments

MoesTavern

24th Aug 09 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So it's not actually been officially announced then? I'm still betting on early next year.
Polyphony should take a look at Turn10, they're doing great things with Forza 3, like releasing it.
Jamie-C

24th Aug 09 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It seems likely tbh, Kaz himself said it would be released shortly after Gran Turismo PSP and now the brochure!

I'm going for December! It will be released for christmas!

I'm willing to bet everything I own
ajscorsa

24th Aug 09 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

forza 3 is still going to be better imo
Jamie-C

24th Aug 09 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam_B

24th Aug 09 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Driver animation looks cool where you can see him working the pedals as well.
Jamie-C

24th Aug 09 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The opponent looks massively improved also, it actually looks like there racing instead of looking like there on rails.

Marc

24th Aug 09 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been waiting for the PSP version since I bought my PSP in 2005
Kurt

24th Aug 09 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new years eve 2009 itll come out
Gavin
Premium Member

24th Aug 09 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I've seen, the damage looks gash. How long has this been in development and they come out with a game which would struggle to stand out from the crowd in 2007

Take a look at Dirt 2 crash demo, this is the level of damage I'd expect from a game which is supposed to be one of the big titles for the PS3

Dirt 2 crash

From what I've seen and heard, there isnt much to get excited about other than the relief knowing that a team of developers can finally move off this average title and work on something better

pew pew pew pewwwww
Jamie-C

24th Aug 09 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Average title

I seen somewhere that Kaz said the damage is no where as realistic as it will be. The demo doesn't show the full potential

Edit:

"Yesterday we brought you some new Gran Turismo 5 gameplay footage straight from GamesCom in Cologne, Germany. The game's new damage modelling was on show, though we must admit it looked a tad limited.

There's reason for this. Yamauchi-san explains in an interview with GamesBlog that the GT5 code brought to GamesCom "marks only the first step of what we want to achieve for damage."

It's also interesting to hear that Polyphony might be testing the damage out on gamers, since Yamauchi-san adds "we’re interested to know how far the players want to go.""

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/games/g/gran-turismo-5/gran-turismo-5-s-damage-modelling-unfinished-$1320295.htm

Jamie-C

24th Aug 09 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From the trailer

http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/movie/d3284.html
MoesTavern

24th Aug 09 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Average title

I seen somewhere that Kaz said the damage is no where as realistic as it will be. The demo doesn't show the full potential

Edit:

"Yesterday we brought you some new Gran Turismo 5 gameplay footage straight from GamesCom in Cologne, Germany. The game's new damage modelling was on show, though we must admit it looked a tad limited.

There's reason for this. Yamauchi-san explains in an interview with GamesBlog that the GT5 code brought to GamesCom "marks only the first step of what we want to achieve for damage."

It's also interesting to hear that Polyphony might be testing the damage out on gamers, since Yamauchi-san adds "we’re interested to know how far the players want to go.""

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/games/g/gran-turismo-5/gran-turismo-5-s-damage-modelling-unfinished-$1320295.htm

Reading that makes me even more certain it won't be out anytime soon. if they still haven't even decided to what extent damage will be implimented and how far to go with it how can the game be anywhere near finished?

It's beyond a joke now just release the bastard. People bought PS3's at launch for this game for christ's sake.
Sunz

24th Aug 09 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah totally^^

Will be ages now if they haven't even finished damage modeling for like 1000 cars.

Why release that footage of visual damage in the first place just looks like gt4 with some broken bumpers.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll