corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » team dynamics drive...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author team dynamics drive...
wow

User status: Offline
25th Feb 03 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wanna put 16' team dynamics rims on my b-corsa, with a 195/45 rubber... but i wonder how much are the rims goin to handle on dodgy polish roads... in other words - what are your opinions on that wheels - wooly or rather stiff?

in last season i used to drive oz f1 cup with the same rubber and despite of biiig holes i've never had any problems... but oz (at least in poland) got the opinon of rather tough wheel...
d0gz_bollox

25th Feb 03 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alloys that come from a race background (such as compomotive etc) will take a beating. Ones that are made just for show will probably be really soft and not like a good banging.
Cybermonkey

25th Feb 03 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OZ, BBS and Compomotive are probably the most solid wheels money could buy.

Dave
d0gz_bollox

25th Feb 03 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or maybe ones from the flinstones car
Cybermonkey

25th Feb 03 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah those must be real hard bastards!

Dave
wow

25th Feb 03 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, but what about these team dynamics ones? they've got one big advantege - they're corsa friendly having an offset of 45 with a 7' wide rim. team dynamics also claims to have rallying background with their team dynamics racing brand and forged rims...

i found out by myself that oz is hard to beat - can team dynamics be some kind compared to it? has someone drove on 'em? bbs and compomotive are not that much popular in poland - distribution fails the same is with another good wheels like speedline corse - really hard to get here...
Cybermonkey

25th Feb 03 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about BBS? BBS are used on the Ferraris in Formula 1. Thats the best background you need!

Dave
wow

25th Feb 03 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree - bbs and oz rule! but... as i mentioned bbs distribution in poland fails... and i really like the team dynamics 100+ vulcan rim... quite similar to mille migila action but with a friendlier offset.
d0gz_bollox

25th Feb 03 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
what about BBS? BBS are used on the Ferraris in Formula 1. Thats the best background you need!

Dave

but F1 cars drive on smooth roads.
wow

25th Feb 03 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by d0gz_bollox
but F1 cars drive on smooth roads.

not only smooth roads, but they can only use 13' rims... and as well as bbs oz gets the wheels for f1 teams, too...
d0gz_bollox

25th Feb 03 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so do fox racing. sure they've got an F1 on there advertising brouchures
wow

25th Feb 03 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i don't want to smash the wheels on the very first bloody hole - a friend of mine got 16' with 195/45 rubber and it was not a good set-up for the holes. his wheels are dotz's - it's an aez brand - i am pretty sure that you got them in the uk...

i need wheels urgently as it's getting warmer and want to leave these steel ones in the garage together with 165/70 winter tyres as they're pretty shitty... i already got rid of my oz ones
wow

25th Feb 03 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eventually i might get 15' instead of 16' and put 195/50 but i want to know if you have any experiences with these team dynamics or 100+ unisports wheels...
16VCorsa

25th Feb 03 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

16VCorsa

25th Feb 03 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have sum Team dynamics motorsport rims. Around my area its pot holes city, I have been hitting so many pot holes that I've managed to damage my suspension system. But the wheels are fine. I have also kerbed them abit and considering I hit the kerb hard the isn't much of a dent in the rim.
wow

25th Feb 03 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 16VCorsa
I have sum Team dynamics motorsport rims. Around my area its pot holes city, I have been hitting so many pot holes that I've managed to damage my suspension system. But the wheels are fine. I have also kerbed them abit and considering I hit the kerb hard the isn't much of a dent in the rim.

thanks for your answer m8 - that's the thing i was waiting for... i seen on corsaweb.co.uk some ppl's cars on team dynamics wheels - wonder their opinions...
Gavin
Premium Member

25th Feb 03 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got 16" team dynamic monza's they do tramline a little, but arent too bad... now that i put baldish tyres are the back... there my first set of alloys so cant really compare to any other wheels but im well happy with em...

pew pew pew pewwwww
wow

25th Feb 03 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for a reply.... can some1 else share the opinion with me...
nessi

25th Feb 03 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have some team dynamics motorsport 195/45/16. At first i didn't like them much cos they used to take me down every pot hole.
Ive got new tyres now on all 4 - Goodyear F1 eagles, and now i think they are brill
Murga

27th Feb 03 at 01:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got some Team Dynamics 16" Tornados on mine and im happy wiv mine
DanielJ

27th Feb 03 at 02:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got 100+ phantoms no probs here
Pete

27th Feb 03 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't get 16" Vulcan's unfortunately. The only 16" Rimstock wheels are Motorsport, Monza, Speed 8, K2, Tornado, RVR2 and Mirage.

Rimstock aren't another cheap crappy wheel manufacturer, they're the UK's largest manufacturer of alloy wheels and as well as aftermarket wheels supply OE to the likes of TVR!
wow

27th Feb 03 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pete
You can't get 16" Vulcan's unfortunately. The only 16" Rimstock wheels are Motorsport, Monza, Speed 8, K2, Tornado, RVR2 and Mirage.

Rimstock aren't another cheap crappy wheel manufacturer, they're the UK's largest manufacturer of alloy wheels and as well as aftermarket wheels supply OE to the likes of TVR!

yeah, that's true... vulcans that i like most are not in 16' - i guess i'll have to take 15's unfortunately

thanks for your advices... i'll get 15' vulcans eventually... they've got a very good price in poland and are 'opel friendly' with its offset of 38@6.5 inch wide rim.

i had o thought that rimstock is a serious company, but as they're started their distribution in poland this year i asked you@corsasport first...
troublesome

27th Feb 03 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id go bigger than 16"s if i were u, 15"s look lost on a corsa u always want bigger...
Pete

28th Feb 03 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a matter of opinion whether 6.5Jx15" ET38 is Opel friendly! I wouldn't fit them (or sell them come to that).

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll