corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » still smokey x16xe after rebuild

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author still smokey x16xe after rebuild
Bagsy1.6

User status: Offline
6th Aug 09 at 02:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a x16xe engine which smokes... alot.

the engine has been completely re-built including crank shells, rings, oil seals, stem seals, all gaskets and other seals.

when it starts up theres not much smoke until it gets a bit warmer and then every time u rev it it smokes.

when the auto choke comes off it calms down a bit but still smokes when revved.

does ne1 know whats wrong or have any ideas that might sort it cos its pissin me off. haha

ps. it has done 2 miles since the rebuild a few months ago does nebody think it myt just need a good run?
Ste
Premium Member

6th Aug 09 at 05:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah will need a good few miles on it and it should stop. There is alot of lube in there from the build that needs burning off and your ecu might need to adjust it's parameters again.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
DaveyLC

6th Aug 09 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What colour is the smoke?
Richardhhha

6th Aug 09 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the smoke is blue then its more than likely as Ste said just needs to burn off the lube they used when building the engine.

if the smoke is white then check coolant level on a regular basis.. if that doesnt come down i wouldnt worry about it... my 14xe smokes it tits off and it hasnt got a single thing wrong with it.. its all to do with condensation
Bagsy1.6

6th Aug 09 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the smoke is a very light blue colour. ill go n giv it a run then and see if it clears up a bit hopefully it will. cheers guys
johnhara1

6th Aug 09 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How are you running it in?

New Poll