corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Idler Pulley (Alternator Belt)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Idler Pulley (Alternator Belt)
steddy-eddie

User status: Offline
1st Aug 09 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took car to garage the other day due to the belt squeeling, mechanic told me i needed and alternator belt (doesnt need changing but while belt is off might aswell) and an idler pulley, the mechanic told me to go to my local motor factors were i got a price for the parts £8 for the belt but £80 for the idler pulley, went to local vauxhall dealer to see how much they would do the idler pulley for and they dont stock the part anymore. cant afford to pay the £80 so asked the mechanic if i could get one from the scrap yard second hand, he said it would be ok but just to check the bearing in the pulley by spinning it.

How easy are the idler pulleys to remove and what tools would be needed to remove it?
steddy-eddie

User status: Offline
5th Aug 09 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody know how to remove the idler pulley for the alternator belt on an x14xe, would one from an x16xe fit or from a 1.8 ecotec

New Poll