corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Regal IPF

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Regal IPF
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Jun 09 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just noticed the advertisment in this months TV and heard of it used on forums before, but because Ive never had a z20let before I never took much interest.

But since the new car has a zlet Im looking into starting with the usual mod's such as exhaust system, pre-cat pipe, and a decent induction set up.
And then onto a remap, but looking at the IPF in this months TV I think it will be better for my needs, as If I ever needed to do a motorway run etc i could switch between maps which suit my driving.

So my question's are, has anyone on here used it? And any pro's and con's compared to just having a remap done?

Seems pretty simple from the advert aswell:
"The customer only needs an internet connected PC with USB connection to choose from many software variations, or he can switch to another program to suit other hardware setups or even back to standard, may times he likes!"

Any info appreciated
Cheers

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
gez bay

14th Jun 09 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what car have you got? one of my mates bought a bluefin for his zetec-s tdci and that was straight foward, plug in the computer ect, so i'd imagine that would be the same. just make sure if you can use it as many times as you want, some only give you a certain ammount of times
the pre cat is a really good mod to do, my brother had done it on his corsa vxr and noticed a difference straight away and my mate with an astra sri, z20let. supposed to be 8-10bhp increase.
hope this helps

[Edited on 14-06-2009 by gez c16b]
SAL
Premium Member

16th Jun 09 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv got it, any question's im sure i can ansew as iv used and broke it and been to ReGaL because of it...
3lfz

16th Jun 09 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What does it cost?
Ben G

16th Jun 09 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like the dreamscience remap for the focus st and astra vxrs.

you just plug it into the obd? port in the car and load the map on yourself. can switch maps as many times as you like for either performance or economy.

very good bit of equipment
SAL
Premium Member

16th Jun 09 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like a dreamscience yes, well work's the same in that respect

Good peice of kit, Iv used mine a fair ammount since having it. Love the EDS map's anyhow and would want any other tuner map's apart from V-max

they cost about £500 i think for the z-let, vxr's are more
Ben J

16th Jun 09 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep it works like Bluefin, Dreamscience etc.

I've not got the IPF but my VXR is running an EDS (Regal) Stage 2 map and its awesome.

[Edited on 16-06-2009 by Ben J]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Regal IPF 23 database queries in 0.0092978 seconds