corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » slight missfire on ecotech engine??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author slight missfire on ecotech engine??
SRI-LEE

User status: Offline
17th May 09 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all iv just fitted a 1.4 16 valve sport engine x14xe in to my sport its got power steering and air con due to the old one dropping a valve got it started first time but it has a slight missfire more noticeable at idle then when you rev it its there but doesnt really str#uggle to rev but you can tell its there if you knwo what i mean? anyway the eml light is on, the car doesnt have the alt belt on could this put the light on? or hav i missed a connector or earth possibly? iv put plugs and coil pack out of my other corsa that runs fine and it didnt really change it so any help would be great! thanks lee
SRI-LEE

17th May 09 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone? been told could possibly be a faulty map sensor? going to do the paper clip next i think
SRI-LEE

18th May 09 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no ideas please?
SRI-LEE

18th May 09 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found out i cant do the paper clip test on my year of car the pin for it isnt there any ideas really need it running properly! someone must know pleaseee
gez bay

18th May 09 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you tried the spark plugs or leads?
SRI-LEE

18th May 09 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah tryed both of them no luck
SRI-LEE

28th May 09 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still no luck! put a map sensor idle control valve and temp sensor in and still no better seems to be ok when held at higher revs but is very noticeable at low revs eml is on any more ideas? thanks lee
SRI-LEE

28th May 09 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone got any help ?
DaveyLC

28th May 09 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

inlet temperature sensors are a common fault.
SRI-LEE

29th May 09 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which is that? as ive changed the temp sensor near the cambelt thanks lee
DaveyLC

29th May 09 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the one on the pipe that comes out of the airbox.
dan-sport

29th May 09 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a very slight missfire and suddenly turned into a massive 1 yesterday so i changed the coil pack and leads and its all good again so if you have a spare coil pack try that
SRI-LEE

29th May 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv tryed that dan cheers iv done a quick paper cliptest and out of all the numbers the intake pressure sensor was one of the matches does it just pull out of the airbox piping? thanks lee
SRI-LEE

29th May 09 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im thinking now that its the intake manifold pressure sensor or the intake air temperature sensor as these are the faults im getting my codes are the same or one number out but cant find a number the same as mine so i must have written them down wrong theres:

0105 Intake manifold pressure sensor

1530 Air flow relay

1411 Secondary air pump

any ideas ?

would these faults cause misfiring and poor running as dfescribed?
SRI-LEE

29th May 09 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone please ?
SRI-LEE

30th May 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

today iv spent 5 pissing hours on this engine! iv changed the idle control valve the air intake sensor coolant temp sensor cam shaft sensor crank sensor took the inlet manifold off and checked throttle body e.t.c is properly seald and now it seems to run fine but with the eml light on i think this is maybe because of a slight air leak? as it every now anmd then revs up a little on its own but apart from that seems to run spot on but when the alternator belt is on it struggles to start and runs like crap iv never seen anything like this before has anyone else experienced it? its only the aircon and alternator that are electricaly supllied so what could be wrong? i did change the alternator before fitting the engine maybe the wires in wrong place? any help be much appreciated as pv isnt far way at all!! thanks for any help lee
fillmecca

30th May 09 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i did my head gasskit i 4got to do up the inlet bolts tite and ther was a slight air leak and that made it run lyk a bag of shit and rev up and dwn on its own and the eml light was on give me a ring 1day this nxt week and il come help ya sort it out lee!!
SRI-LEE

30th May 09 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going in to have anouther bash 2moz like its at work and there gay and dont let non workers in so gotta do it all on my own which is gay! cheers anyway though mate hopefully il get it sorted tomorrow!
SRI-LEE

31st May 09 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could the egr valve cause this? noticed the missfire doesnt go when the belts off but its slightly better. thanks lee
Richardhhha

31st May 09 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the egr will come up as faulty when you run a paper clip test they are common to go on the 14 and 16xe engines, you will most probably find that its a air leak, or in fact the MAP sensor Black box on the bulk head with a green plug and a pipe comming out of it. also the pipes tend to split on these so check them for perrishing, and good tip spray some brake cleaner or wd40 round the joints of the top half of the inlet manifold as this will show up any leaks you may have
fillmecca

31st May 09 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SRI-LEE
im going in to have anouther bash 2moz like its at work and there gay and dont let non workers in so gotta do it all on my own which is gay! cheers anyway though mate hopefully il get it sorted tomorrow!

thats gay init oh well lee will have to do it him self i think it will b a air leak wer did u get the new engine from??
SRI-LEE

31st May 09 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah ano its shit lol yeah hopefully soon see a guy from egremont off anouther forum
SRI-LEE

31st May 09 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
the egr will come up as faulty when you run a paper clip test they are common to go on the 14 and 16xe engines, you will most probably find that its a air leak, or in fact the MAP sensor Black box on the bulk head with a green plug and a pipe comming out of it. also the pipes tend to split on these so check them for perrishing, and good tip spray some brake cleaner or wd40 round the joints of the top half of the inlet manifold as this will show up any leaks you may have

cheers mate nice one iv got a spare map sensor so will bash that on tomorrow and look for leaks
fillmecca

31st May 09 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luk lee

[Edited on 31-05-2009 by fillmecca]

New Poll