corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » refitting airbox rubber grommet

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author refitting airbox rubber grommet
fudleone

User status: Offline
10th May 09 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

afternoon all,

I have been wrestling with trying to get the airbox fitted back after removing it to change the front indicator bulb.

How do i fix the rubber grommet back into its hole so that the box stays put? The Haynes manual wasn't very helpful with the refitting instructions.

There must be a certain knack to doing it which i haven't figured out, any help would be appreciated.

regards,

Fud
3lfz

10th May 09 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get pliers and pull it whilst pushing the airbox down, took me a while to figure out too!
Markus
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

10th May 09 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine just slots in and is secure
inliner04

10th May 09 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you pull the whole grommet out? if you did your gonna have a hard time getting it out. The box is supposed to come out over the top of the grommet and the grommet stays in the car. My friend did the same. p.s you dont need to remove the box to change the bulb, only the induction pipe trumpet
inliner04

10th May 09 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also he ended up just holding it down with a cable clip as he couldnt get the grommet back in
fudleone

11th May 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the replies guys, I am going to try the pliers trick when i get a chance tomorrow.

Yes, i pulled on the rubber grommet which came off the metal chassis fix point but still attached to the airbox.

Had a hard time getting my hands to the indicator bulb after removing the induction pipe, so getting the airbox out the way was the only option. made it less fiddly, changed the bulb in seconds.
fudleone

18th May 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been meaning to post the fix for a while now, here is how i resolved the issue.

1. remove airbox again
2. remove rubber grommet from airbox
3. twist grommet back onto chassis
4. refit airbox, pull the rubber grommet through until it catches onto the airbox.

all done after 5 minutes. simples

New Poll