corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » stereo/speaker experts pls read, im going mad!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author stereo/speaker experts pls read, im going mad!!!
craig_brux

User status: Offline
6th Apr 06 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, my 6x9's on my parcel shelf crackle while my enginge is running. i think if i dissconnect the power lead to the amp it goes away.

there is also i wurring noise coming through the sub from the engine too. what could be interfering?

as i have had the sub and amp working perfectly using a different headunit, they have been standing for about a month, now there back in my car this is happening.

anybody had the same thing happen to them? any ideas to stop it?cuz its really annoying!!

thanks lads

[Edited on 11-04-2006 by bass_junkies]
L30 SCT

6th Apr 06 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you have run your rca leads and your speaker cables next to each other they will pick up the engine noise.

you will need to run them seprate
craig_brux

6th Apr 06 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope if it was that simple it'd be sorted by now lol tried 3 different rca leads in different places and that wudnt stop the wurring from the sub, maybe the crackling from the 6x9's. dont think its that tho cuz ive had the rca leads ova the top if the seats etc. testin it...

[Edited on 06-04-2006 by bass_junkies]
L30 SCT

6th Apr 06 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe fucked amp or 6*9s
craig8
Premium Member

6th Apr 06 at 23:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try a noise suppressor, about a fiver from halfords

E36 328
RKS

7th Apr 06 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craig8
try a noise suppressor, about a fiver from halfords

craig_brux

7th Apr 06 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

il get one but it wernt doin it with the old headunit and its the same make and similar price, ive found today that the speakers crackle with the engine on when the rca lead is plugged in the back of the H/U. it dont matter where the other end of it is, it does it with just one side of the audio lead plugged in (red or white). doesnt matter which
craig_brux

7th Apr 06 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive googled it and found two possibilities, noise suppresser or a ground loop isolator. which would it be? and i cant find either on the halfords site
craig_brux

11th Apr 06 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive tried a ground loop isolator and also a noise suppresser that wires into the stereo wires. neither works, im thinking now that its the power lead in the engine bay, dont no tho, theres a interference suppresser for the alternator for 4 quid, how easy to fit are these?
Basscrazy

11th Apr 06 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bass_junkies
ive tried a ground loop isolator and also a noise suppresser that wires into the stereo wires. neither works, im thinking now that its the power lead in the engine bay, dont no tho, theres a interference suppresser for the alternator for 4 quid, how easy to fit are these?

power lead

re run it elsewhere as far away from any interference
craig_brux

12th Apr 06 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

il try rewiring it but it sounds like its from the alternator and obviously i cant stop the power lead from coming out of the engine bay,
craig8
Premium Member

12th Apr 06 at 23:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the power lead going through the main grommet woth the rest of the wiring?

if so the try drilling a small hole in the bulkhead away from wiring, put in a rubber grommet and see if it makes a difference, if it does, seal the cable/grommit arangement with some silicone

E36 328
craig_brux

13th Apr 06 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope, ive got it from the engine bay going through the wing and into the car in front of the door, and ive had it working for about a year with a different headunit, and i havnt moved the power lead
Ally

15th Apr 06 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id say its the new head unit not having a very good earth. Try running a second earth wire to the headunit chassis.
Richie

16th Apr 06 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^Post was made by me

Some headunit earths are more sensitive than others. I had an amp once which I swapped out for another.

Old one worked fine, put in a more powerful one and got nothing but popping and alternator whine.

Regrounded the amp and cleaned all points and problem solved, so give it a shot with your HU.
craig_brux

16th Apr 06 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how could i re-earth it? cut the black (im guessing its the earth wire) and run a wire off the neg on the battery to the black going into the HU?? whats the best way to re earth it??
Ally

16th Apr 06 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
^Post was made by me

Some headunit earths are more sensitive than others. I had an amp once which I swapped out for another.

Old one worked fine, put in a more powerful one and got nothing but popping and alternator whine.

Regrounded the amp and cleaned all points and problem solved, so give it a shot with your HU.

Its ok babes, everyone knows that its me with the brains secretly posting anyway
Richie

17th Apr 06 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do not have to run a wire from the battery to earth. Any bare metal point of the car is going to be a good earth.

Keep it as short as possible.
craig_brux

18th Apr 06 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i know that its just thats the easiest way i can think of with hiding the wire etc. and thats a very good earth point to make sure lol gotta get round to doin it! finish work early 2mo so il give it a go!
RKS

18th Apr 06 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you shouldn't run earth wires from the battery, its really bad practice,

if you remove the plastic gear surround and ash tray, there is a metal brace there which you can use as an earthing point... which is a lot easier than running a wire from the battery.
craig_brux

20th Apr 06 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the HU is fcking up in other ways so i might be sending it back, bloody annoying!
craig_brux

26th Apr 06 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sending it back 2moro, hopefully it was a fault on the pre out but that aint the reason its goin back

New Poll