corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Broken Seat Frame

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Broken Seat Frame
Jonathan

User status: Offline
16th Feb 03 at 06:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I removed my driver seat ('95 GSi) on Friday, to find why the squeak was getting worse. What I found was that the height adjuster mechanism had fatigued and fractured through.

Has anybody had this happen to the, and what did they do about it? It'll cost me about AUD 600 (GBP 200) to buy a new seat base frame.

Welding it up seems like an option, however the crack is very near the pivot bearing surface which could make it a difficult weld job.

Any other ideas?

Regards,
Jonathan

New Poll