corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » replacing seat base

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author replacing seat base
Dom

User status: Offline
   28th Apr 04 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

howdies all,
i put my car into a ditch a week ago and the drivers seat base (according to the vaux garage today) is bent and thus stopping the seat from going up and down (although sliding it forward and back, and putting the seat back and forth is ok).

Vaux bloke said that the whole seat would have to be taken apart, foam etc etc, but looking at the seat, i can only see four bolts in each corner and a pad thing that is connected to the rotary handle (to make it go up/down in a diagonal line) that rests on the bottom of the seat

Question is, whats involved in fixing the problem? And if the seat base is fooked, how much is a new base?....or would it be worth hunting out another corsa breeze (corsa B) car and taking the drivers seat out and just bolting that straight in?

cheers all
Dom

p.s - has anyone got any clues where i can get a new seat base/sub frame etc?
Adam-D

28th Apr 04 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

phone up a scrappy ask how much a complete seat subframe is. has your pretensionr gone off? if so u will need one with the frame

then remove surrounding trim, slide seat forward, undo the two rear torx bolts slide seat back and tilt-lift forward
then as you say undo the 4 bolts and change the frame that should be it

then refit it
ainsley_brader

28th Apr 04 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can take the frame from any corsa with height adjustable seat inc. sports and sris.
Dont need to take seat apart or cushions off just what adam d said. Vauxhall quoted me a ridiculous price for a new one!
Dom

29th Apr 04 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Niiice one think you may have saved my skin from my old dear (doing a cover up job before she comes back from hols )

So it is just the subframe i need with a height adjuster (the bit that uses the handle at the front)?
And no, my pretensioner didnt go off (but i will double check ).

Ok cheers all,
Dom

New Poll