corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » DVD Surround Sound System with Ipod use?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author DVD Surround Sound System with Ipod use?
stubbsy05

User status: Offline
30th Mar 09 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right I live in a terraced house, and want surround sound for my televison and also the abilty to dock my ipod and use it was a stereo.

IS it possible to buy and surround sound system and then purchase a dock for it so that I can play my music through my ipod off it.

Jambo

30th Mar 09 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have an SA-PT460 and its pretty good for the price imo!

Only 1hdmi port tho
stubbsy05

30th Mar 09 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you think of this?

http://www.laskys.com/home_cinema_and_audio/home_cinema/all_in_one_home_cinema/panasonic_sc_pt860eb_k.html?cm_mmc=Affwin-_-Home_Cinema_And_Audio-_-All_In_One_Home_Cinema-_-443956_PANASONIC_SC-PT860EB-K&refid=affil&referred_site=aw&_$ja=tsid:6094|prd:74583
oceansoul

30th Mar 09 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can view the link as on my phone,
But as a guide, the all in one dvd systems arent all that great. Buying seperates is much better. How much are you looking to spend? The onkyo(spelling) 606 is a good buy, and an ipod dock is avaliable too. Will upscale all sources to hdmi so only 1 channel needed on tv
Toby
Premium Member

30th Mar 09 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
i can view the link as on my phone,
But as a guide, the all in one dvd systems arent all that great. Buying seperates is much better. How much are you looking to spend? The onkyo(spelling) 606 is a good buy, and an ipod dock is avaliable too. Will upscale all sources to hdmi so only 1 channel needed on tv

I use a 606 with Kef Eggs and its as good as i want it to be. Obviously not as good as some standalone music players, but i like it

eidt:with the Onkyo ipod dock, i think someone else on here does aswell

[Edited on 30-03-2009 by CorsaB4ever]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

30th Mar 09 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have an lg one with ipod

i'll go get a link
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

30th Mar 09 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.flattelly.co.uk/shop/ht903ta-home-cinema-system-with-1080p-upscaling-p-2357.html
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

30th Mar 09 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1000watts too
ssj_kakarot

30th Mar 09 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends how much you want to spend, in audo the more expensive generally meens better.

i have a 606 with a set of jamo spekers, great sound.

would defo go the standalone route, get a decent av reciever first and add bits later if money is an issue.
liveseytowers

31st Mar 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the Panasonic one and i'm well chuffed with it. I paid more than £300 for it last year so this price is a bargin. Its quite loud, too loud to have it on full volume for my house! I'd def recommend it

New Poll