corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Decking help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Decking help!
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Mar 09 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evening all.

Im looking to build a large bit of decking in my garden. Im after approx 5m x 3m with a pergola over half of it, and baulstrading around it.

This is exactly what i want bit smaller than i wanted but would still be a good size...

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/39993/Building/Decking-Fencing/Ultima-Pergola-Patio-Deck-Kit-4-8-x-2-4-x-2-4m?cm_mmc=AffiliateWindow-_-Datafeed-_-Building-_-Ultima%20Pergola%20%26%20Patio%20Deck%20Kit%204.8%20x%202.4%20x%202.4m&source=aw

Would i be able to build this for less than £700 if i just buy the timber? if its not much, its gotta be worth buying the pre cut kit?

Are the kits any good?

Cheers!!!

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Dan
Premium Member

24th Mar 09 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just found same kit for 599?

Leighton

25th Mar 09 at 09:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what quality wood you get really, go to your local timber yard and get a price from them, then compair it to B&Q and the likes.
N16K

25th Mar 09 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above try B&Q I did a deck twice the size of that for my mum (no pergola) and it was considerably less than £599, but then it was built in the winter time when decking boards where a bargain at half price. Can't slag the quality of B&Q boards though. B&Q also do trade discount (in NI at least).
Dan
Premium Member

26th Mar 09 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You built a deck for alot less than 599, thats 10mx5m? the price of the wood for me 2 make the frame alone is about 350!

Think im gonna go for the kit. it doesnt seem like u have to put any footings in for pergola though :/

Cosmo

26th Mar 09 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£350 for wood to build the frame for a 5x3 deck? What the hell are you building the frame out of?

If of been amazed if you couldnt of built it for less than £700 tbh.
N16K

29th Mar 09 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said built in the winter time, not many people building decks at that time of year, B&Q decking boards and joists half price, then trade discount of that.

[Edited on 29-03-2009 by N16K]
Dan
Premium Member

29th Mar 09 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found out today my step dad is good friends with the owner of a local wood yard. so will get a good price.

Priced it up completly wrong, i see the price of wood from wickes, and its about 3x more than it should be lol.

Step dad is going down to see him tues, so progress piccys to follow.

Cosmo

29th Mar 09 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See - told you it was a stupid price

New Poll