corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » possible immoboliser probs.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author possible immoboliser probs.
moxon508

User status: Offline
18th Mar 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have put a redtop in to a corsa gsi. but i cant get the thing to start. when iturn the key the ecu light does not come on or the fuel pump or relay kick into life. i was wondering if there is a chip in my key that is no longer red by the old ecu, could it be stopping me start the car. does any body know what the immob shuts off
the whole power including lights/starter or just the ignition / fuel pump.
if someone could have ago on theres that would be great. cheers
moxon508

18th Mar 09 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it is the imob then how do i bypass it. cheers
moxon508

19th Mar 09 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump
Torsa g

19th Mar 09 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is no imobiliser neede for the c20xe engine and does not matter if your car before ran the immobiliser system,

If you havnt got the ecu/eml coming on then you havnt got power to the ecu or you blue and brown isnt connected to the engine loom blue and brown,

Note this has nothing to do with the immobiliser, you need to find the the one and only thick red wire that goes into the ecu and splice in to it and attach the red wire that is on the corsa nine pin plug to it, and make sure all your earths are connected

Tom
moxon508

19th Mar 09 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive conected the three earths to the fuel rail. run a seperate earth from fuel rail to batery - incase it was that. doubled up on earths to shell and gearbox. put another on the engine. ran a live back into trhe engine bay. i will try spicing into the live in the footwell. thanks for your reply.
Torsa g

19th Mar 09 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure its the big fat red one, there should be only one big one the rest should be thin ones
moxon508

19th Mar 09 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will do, im going out to do it know. cheers
Torsa g

19th Mar 09 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let me know how u get on mate

GOOD LUCK!!
moxon508

19th Mar 09 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive done that. i have power to the brown and blue wires but still no ecu light on and no fuel relay kicking in. any ideas.
Torsa g

19th Mar 09 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your bulbs blown then for the ecu light, have you got the earth from body to gearbox on, 3 earths to the rail, also have you got power going to the red wire on the 9 pin block when you turn the ignition on
moxon508

19th Mar 09 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive put a earth from gearbox to body, body to - on battery earth from the engine to the other side of the body. all three earth wires on the fuel rail and a earth from the fuel rail back to the battery. the power to the red on the 9 pin connector stays on all the time even when the ignition is on. the switch live comes on when the ignition is on. if i run a wire from a earth to the small brown and white wire on the fuel relay it clicks the relay in. if i also run a wire from earth to the small brown and grey wire it operates the fuel pump and turns the ecu light on the dash.
Torsa g

19th Mar 09 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wat about your bulb have you tried changing that, becuz that is the big indicator telling you wether thater is livbe to ecu, if so cant a faulty crank sensor stop the fuel pump from starting up
moxon508

19th Mar 09 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the ecu light comes on if i run a wire from earth to the brown and grey wire on the fuel relay, so the bulb is ok. dont know about the crank sensor. i will see if i can find any info on website thanks for your time.

New Poll