corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Disputes » doldy

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author doldy
BigSte

User status: Offline
18th Mar 09 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go and pick the fuckin thing up and stop being difficult..... stuff does sometimes get damaged in transit so if it is you will need to claim through DHL.

As I see this you bought something, Doldy wrapped it up and posted it.....what more can the guy do?

I once bought a load of boots from Doldy for a decent sum of money and they were with me next day so no problem
stupot89

18th Mar 09 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the item got dropped to me today
the pics are as follows
1st one is of it when it arrived, then the rest are as i unwrapped and discovered the extent of the damaged, the DHL driver informed me that this item has been logged as damaged on there computer system, and also advised me that not enough packaging has not been used in this instance
so who is to blame???
also DHL informed me that they should not have been carrying this item
please see pics

WATSON

18th Mar 09 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doldy
cost me £20 for the materials!

smokey corsa

18th Mar 09 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

christ!!!!

firstly the packaging wasnt as good as it needed to be, big FRAGILE GLASS signs may have helped (yes i did see the ONE on it).

but DHL are having a laugh, looks like it was being dragged behind the van all the way up the motorway!!! id be straight on to the courier looking for answers.
big*boy*rob

18th Mar 09 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that to me looks like its been chucked about at the dhl depo. courier companys dont give a fuck about what they do to peoples shit. it aint doldys fault at all. somthing like that i would of gone and collected it to save this sort of thing happening
stupot89

18th Mar 09 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wanted to collect it but he said no as it was at a relitives house
thedjse

18th Mar 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt look like £20 worth of wrapping mate doesnt look like it to me
Willox

19th Mar 09 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the guy said they aren't allowed to take items of that size yet they quite willingly picked it up. Asuming the guy driving the van wasn't blind,he must know his company policy or there is something wrong there so take it up with DHL. Fair enough it looks like it's been wrapped in a bed sheet and cling film but sorry,to make a bend in a fucking bootlid like that,with the bend that far up the bootlid that has been dropped from a considerable height i.e I would say AT LEAST a foot off the ground! No amount of wrapping could prevent a bend like that from happening
Markus
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

19th Mar 09 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dhl are NOT to blame, dhl are not covered by insurance to carry glass objects of any sort, ive had this many times and you will lose.
Ant

20th Mar 09 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats comedy seller at fault i would say
big*boy*rob

20th Mar 09 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shit happens mate we all have to deal with it
XSIHardy

21st Mar 09 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aaah fun times, tbh my item was not tht badly packaged, Talk to DHL and see what they can do, shouldnt of got the item in the 1st place if its against policy.

tbh looks like lost money
Stokie Dave

21st Mar 09 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd never even contemplate posting something like that. To be honest I think the seller should sort it. Unless no insurance was agreed on the item and it was clearly stated as "tough titties" if it gets there smashed, I'd be a bit annoyed myself lol... but then again I'd never buy something like that via a postal service as I'd never even expect it to get here in one piece nevermind be easy to pack.
ShEp

22nd Mar 09 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buyer wanted it posted

Seller posted it

Shit got broke

DHL aren't covered to cover glass

You live and learn, nobodies fault apart from DHL's I'd say

Thats been fair thrown about to cause that dents
sparke

23rd Mar 09 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
Buyer wanted it posted

Seller posted it

Shit got broke

DHL aren't covered to cover glass

You live and learn, nobodies fault apart from DHL's I'd say

Thats been fair thrown about to cause that dents

buyer wanted to collect, but seller said it required posting
stupot89

23rd Mar 09 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as ive said in previous posts i WANTED to go a collect it even if it was a 418 mile round trip
am4nf

24th Mar 09 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even though dhl dont carry glass its not just the glass bit thats fucked, they dropped it and bent other parts, imo its their fault
corsa_godfather

24th Mar 09 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks as if its been through the wars.

And to be honest the wrapping doesnt look too bad imo what else could have been done that would have prevented that dent and broken glass??

A timber frame around the boot lol ?

Suggest you contact DHL and claim them for the value of the boot.

Obviously the delivery driver is going to say its not packed well etc because its him that will get his ass kicked
stupot89

24th Mar 09 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the edges of the tailgate were only protected buy a bed sheet and some bits of card board stuck to wot left of the window
john_c20xe

28th Mar 09 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you sign for it?
if you did you have no right to claim,
you should of refused delivery or opeed it infront of the driver took pics and showed dhl. then you can claim
Adam-D

3rd Apr 09 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probablly not much consolation, are the hinge bits at the top ok?
if so, can you remove the spoiler "i dont need that" and cut the top half of the boot off, and ill have it for cost of postage plus say a fiver, ?
Gems-R

3rd Apr 09 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is an easy one, the seller needs to take ownership of the situation, at the end of the day he chose the packaging and he also chose which company to use to make delivery

a refund should be made immediately upon receipt of the evidence the parcel has been damaged and seller should place a claim with his chosen courier

unfortunately for seller a claim for compensation in this particular case will be denied as this item is in the prohibited item lists

so why send such a fragile item with a courier that will not accept any responsibility for it in such case as one described above

you can't pass the buck and ask the buyer to chase things up that's an outrageous request really

all the best in resolving the matter from here chaps!
stupot89

5th Apr 09 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gems-R
This is an easy one, the seller needs to take ownership of the situation, at the end of the day he chose the packaging and he also chose which company to use to make delivery

a refund should be made immediately upon receipt of the evidence the parcel has been damaged and seller should place a claim with his chosen courier
unfortunately for seller a claim for compensation in this particular case will be denied as this item is in the prohibited item lists

so why send such a fragile item with a courier that will not accept any responsibility for it in such case as one described above

you can't pass the buck and ask the buyer to chase things up that's an outrageous request really

finally someone who is on my side
Gems-R

6th Apr 09 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stupot89
quote:
Originally posted by Gems-R

finally someone who is on my side

its not about sides at all mate its my opinion given on the evidence contained herein and probably a really good gudge of the situation given I probably have a closer relationship to dhl then anyone else on here!
sparke

13th Apr 09 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has this been sorted???

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Disputes » doldy 23 database queries in 0.2110260 seconds