corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Boilers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Boilers
Kathryn W

User status: Offline
16th Feb 09 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our boiler keeps loosing pressure, and when the pressure is low the house doesn't seem to warm up.

How do we increase the pressure in the boiler?? How do we get it to stay there??

I have been told I need to contact United Utilites? Or can a plumber do it?
jamesw

16th Feb 09 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we had same problem - easy to bump up if you have have a loop in place, ours was because towel rail in bathroom needed the connection nipping up a little bit ( was leaking very slightly ) check this out http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/TOPPING_UP_A_COMBI_BOILER.htm

[Edited on 16-02-2009 by jamesw]
Andrew

16th Feb 09 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you no insurance on it Kat? I do mine with British Gas for around a tenner a month - just goes on the bill every quarter.

To increase the presure on mine i have a key which you put in and turn. Having to do mine everyday at the minute as i have a leak. Need to call out BG when i get chance.

My combi aint that old really but must have called out BG at least half a dozen times in the past 5 - 6 years since having it installed.
Andrew

16th Feb 09 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kathryn W
I have been told I need to contact United Utilites? Or can a plumber do it?

Have a word with Matt, i'm sure he can sort out mates rates
Kathryn W

16th Feb 09 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dunno Andrew. We've not applied for it and we're not with british gas for the gas etc...

Annoying me now though as i think we're spending quite a bit and not getting much heat!
Andrew

16th Feb 09 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give them a call, you may be able to add it on and then call them out in a few weeks.

I just find it piece of mind. I don't mind playing with electrics as i kind of know a little, or even water. I'll get the experts in when playing with gaz though!

[Edited on 16-02-2009 by Andrew]
C2RL R

16th Feb 09 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will most probably have a filling loop. this will be a flexible hose going from the cold feed pipe to the heating flow pipe. there will be a valve on it that when you crack it, you will hear flowing water and see the pressure rise up on the guage. i would stick 2 bar in there then leave it alone to see if it drops. if so you must have a leak somewhere.
Kerry

16th Feb 09 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I have a leak as the pressure keeps dropping after I have filled with the tap thing
No idea where though
mattk

17th Feb 09 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep. filling loops and if the pressure is dropping you have a leak, the smallest of leaks can drop the pressure dramatically, they arnt always obvious leaks, the boiler wont fire on hot water or heating if the pressure goes belo 0.5 bar

also not good to keep putting fresh water in there because the fresh water contains fresh air that will rust the rads and boiler components from the inside out, its not a huge problem, just adviseable to sort it
deanmcreynolds26

17th Feb 09 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be anything to be honest, burst pipe, flat expansion vessel, fault prv leaking, or just a small leak as matt said above...

phone brittish gas up and get someone out to get you onto contract, tell that when they are their you have been experiencing pressure problems,

We try our best to get you sorted and wont charge you extra unless major work is required, 99% of the time it is something small and its just your standard monthly direct debit!

New Poll