corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Omega project log

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Omega project log
PaulW

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 09 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
oil filter should be a paper filter

Aye but the filter above will be fitted and the paper filter layout will be binned by time I've done some work on the block.
Marc

2nd Mar 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the oil cooler is a weak point won't the replacement just be the same?
PaulW

2nd Mar 09 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alot that fail are because the antifreeze mix is either too weak, or its not the correct type. The 3.2 I have was running an interesting "Yellow" antifreeze type, and not the actual GM Red.

Cheap Blue stuff will rot an oil cooler inside of 10k.
PaulW

6th Mar 09 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I finally got more bits from VX, and today had a bit of a think as uni was cancelled about the exhaust manifolds, egr, sai etc etc...

The ports on the later manifolds are much bigger and if you junk the air injection you can really open the head out.....the manifolds are SO much better to!

The more I look at the later setup the more it would appear that the emission changes were lowering the output power so they HAD to work on the ancillaries to get the output back up in order to be a viable replacement for the 2.5 and 3.0

So as the later facelift manifolds flow better compared to early ones, I can do away with the EGR system too, as it wasn't a part of the Y32SE, so blanking the port on the plenum should work, aslong as I keep the valve and just hide it away somewhere, so will do some work on the engine loom aswell to hide it.

I've got some copper plate somewhere I can make a blanking plate for the plenum with...

Only thing which annoys me is I bought the X30XE exhaust manifold gaskets, and they are different for the Y32SE fit manofilds... But I may be able to adapt them, if not I'll use them on the explod as they are blowing quite a bit...

Anyways, here are pics of the manifolds

Early cast item top, later pressed steel bottom, note how much wider the pressed steel version is and consider also the wall thickness is much less than that of the cast part.

A view in the exit, note the smoother opening of the pressed steel item (right hand one), there is still a step, but, its much smoother and less pronouced on the later item

A shot of head facing port on the early manifold, you can see also the milled duct for the air injection.

A side by side shot, the inernals are much more free flowing on the later item (right hand pic)

Top shot of the pair

[Edited on 06-03-2009 by PaulW]
Nic Barnes

6th Mar 09 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good plan paul
PaulW

6th Mar 09 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pictures tell a thousand words Should gain a noticeable increase in power from this.
Adam-D

7th Mar 09 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used a guinnes can as a blanking plate

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Omega project log 23 database queries in 0.0099490 seconds