corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Bought an XBox

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bought an XBox
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Feb 09 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I jokingly said to a mate that i'd buy his 2 month old xbox premium a few weeks back.

It's now in my room. Got Cod 4, Sonic Tennis and PGR4.

I can't work out how to connect the thing to the internet. It has 10 months left on xbox live.

Controllers feel funny and graphics aren't as good as my PS3 either And it's white... Looks a bit silly.

Hmm...

[Edited on 10-02-2009 by VegasPhil]

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Marc

10th Feb 09 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why Phil why?
Whittie

10th Feb 09 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I now have 3 xbox's
Brett
Premium Member

10th Feb 09 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, if you're used to a PS3 controller then it's bound to feel funny. A PS3 controller feels wank to me over a 360 one. I also doubt the graphics are worse. I assume you've got it set to HD properly?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

10th Feb 09 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it not wireless?

Brett
Premium Member

10th Feb 09 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wifi is an add-on, hence the price of the console being remarkably cheaper than the PS3. In reality, it'll cost you £20 for an ethernet bridge on ebay if you're desperate to be wireless.
Eck
Premium Member

10th Feb 09 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Is it not wireless?

Nope, and I found the wireless adapter (which cost £60 back in the day!!!) to be TOSS!!
Liam

10th Feb 09 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Is it not wireless?

Nope, and I found the wireless adapter (which cost £60 back in the day!!!) to be TOSS!!

I've found it the complete opposite, never missed a beat in the 4 months I've had it.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

10th Feb 09 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's got a 60gb hard drive.

I'm deperate for wireless yeh... Not going to route a wire through my house just for an xbox

stubbsy05

10th Feb 09 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the adapters can be had on amazon for £40.
Nath

10th Feb 09 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Wifi is an add-on, hence the price of the console being remarkably cheaper than the PS3. In reality, it'll cost you £20 for an ethernet bridge on ebay if you're desperate to be wireless.

It's not cheaper because it doesn't have wireless

It's cheaper because it's older and less spec'd.
Nath

10th Feb 09 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW my adapter for my 360 never let me down. I didn't have to pay for it either, thankfully. Not worth the cost.
xa0s
Banned

10th Feb 09 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heh, when will people see that 360s suck? Both the PS3 and Wii have Wi-Fi built in, and also allow free online gaming. Micro$oft charge £60 for the adapter and then a monthly subscription lol... Should have stuck with the PS3 man. There's no reason to get a 360 now there's quality games on the PS3. Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2 and so on... Flog it and spend the money on games for the PS3.
Brett
Premium Member

10th Feb 09 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett

It's not cheaper because it doesn't have wireless

It's cheaper because it's older and less spec'd.

Yes, I know that. I didn't mean solely because of the wireless. I meant the wireless amongst other things (the add-ons).
Brabus

10th Feb 09 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
Heh, when will people see that 360s suck? Both the PS3 and Wii have Wi-Fi built in, and also allow free online gaming. Micro$oft charge £60 for the adapter and then a monthly subscription lol... Should have stuck with the PS3 man. There's no reason to get a 360 now there's quality games on the PS3. Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2 and so on... Flog it and spend the money on games for the PS3.

IMO none of them are 'quality games, GOW on the other hand
Nick-S

10th Feb 09 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had my 360 wireless adaptor for about 14 months now, never had any problems, also when you use a HDMI cable graffics are identical to ps3
22B

10th Feb 09 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSi_16v
Had my 360 wireless adaptor for about 14 months now, never had any problems, also when you use a HDMI cable graffics are identical to ps3

My friend has his ps3 HDMI cable hooked up to his 40" LG LCD, and the graphics on COD 5 were poor, all the outlines are blurry and some of the textures look very low resolution, same with fifa 09. I use my 360 with a VGA cable through a 42" panasonic plasma and its pin sharp.

Does any ps3 owner know if you need to alter some settings in the PS3 or is it just the tv?, even though the tv is brand new.
Ren

10th Feb 09 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s

I have both, and firstly you dont have to pay a monthly subscription, neither do you have to pay for the wireless adapter. Xbox Live is TONNES better then PSN. Also Resi 5 is also out on the Xbox. Name me one good PS3 game, and I'll name you two exlusive 360 titles of the same genre that are better.

Built in Wi-Fi or Better Games Library. Hmm

(I still think PS3 is awesome btw, I just prefer my 360)
Nick-S

10th Feb 09 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 22B
quote:
Originally posted by GSi_16v

My friend has his ps3 HDMI cable hooked up to his 40" LG LCD, and the graphics on COD 5 were poor, all the outlines are blurry and some of the textures look very low resolution, same with fifa 09. I use my 360 with a VGA cable through a 42" panasonic plasma and its pin sharp.

Does any ps3 owner know if you need to alter some settings in the PS3 or is it just the tv?, even though the tv is brand new.
is that not just coz Panasonic kick arse over LG
ive got my xbox going into a Sony Bravia 28" lcd tv and the graffics are amazing tbh
stubbsy05

10th Feb 09 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I prefer xbox as Live is that much better than PSN. I prefer that controller on xbox. All my mates have xbox's so I can play them.

If I want to sit there all day wanking over graphics I'll buy a PS3
Nic Barnes

10th Feb 09 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

phil, theyre a bag of shite. i hate my xbox so much i have to play on it nearly every day.........

i use the ps3 for films now as its far better at displaying movies than an xbox

my tip for owning an xbox if youve had a ps3 is make sure you turn the sound up more to drown out the fuckin hideous noise they make. never once regretted buying an xbox. i dont see either of them as being better than the other. both good, so have both.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Feb 09 at 09:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still haven't turned it back on.

Why are the graphics so shite? I connected it by Scart?

stubbsy05

11th Feb 09 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Still haven't turned it back on.

Why are the graphics so shite? I connected it by Scart?

Theres ur problem then.

I replaced my scart lead with a RGB into the back of my CRT tv

As for noisy console, save the fgames on the HDD
dannymccann

11th Feb 09 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scart

Retro

Bad for gaming however. Also theres nowt wrong with the Graphics on my 32" LG telly.

Prefer wired gaming to wireless anyday as well
VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Feb 09 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RGB? The three plugs?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll