corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Xbox 360

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Xbox 360
Calum1577

User status: Offline
19th Nov 05 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the chance of one when they come out. Do you think they will be worth buying? I had an xbox and sold it after 6 months to get a PS2 then bought another xbox a year or two later and have sold it as well. So do u think there will be enough games out solely for the xbox worth buying or should i just wait on the PS3?
RCoughtrie

19th Nov 05 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah defo worth getting... played call of duty 2 for a bit and wow fooking ace... i would say they have went all out to beat the ps3... if the ps3 is better than what i played today on the 360 i would be fooking gob smacked
Calum1577

19th Nov 05 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must admit I have only seen the odd video here and there of the 360. Might wait till i see it in action then consider it. V tempted though.
Cavey

19th Nov 05 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can get it the day it comes out, then it'll be worth it, even if you just wanna sell it on, should make a pretty penny on it.

And like Mr. coughtrie said, it looks amazing, saw someone playing COD in HMV the other day, and it looked brilliant
topshot_2k
Banned

19th Nov 05 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hold out for ps3, ps2 has outsold the xbox nearly all over the world and therefore has much better support for games etc. xbox is built by microsoft, has shoot controller and has only 1 decent title that sony dont, - halo 1/2.
hold out for PS3
Calum1577

19th Nov 05 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to go into HMV tomorrow and see what its like. If i fancy it i will get it. Offer for getting it on release day is open until day before it comes out so got some time to think about it.
Voyto

20th Nov 05 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought the graphics for COD2 on the 360 look appauling! no where near as good as PC graphics not impressed
RCoughtrie

20th Nov 05 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Voyto
i thought the graphics for COD2 on the 360 look appauling! no where near as good as PC graphics not impressed

eh w....t....f

i got COD2 here for the pc.... its no where near as good as the xbox360 graphics

screen shots soon....ish to show the diff
Chump

20th Nov 05 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RCoughtrie
quote:

eh w....t....f

i got COD2 here for the pc.... its no where near as good as the xbox360 graphics

you obviously have a Shit PC then mate.....the 360 version has no AA or AF - get a half decent PC that can run say 4x AA and 4x AF at 1280 x 1024 and it pisses all over the 360 version. And i've played both. Also the 360 i played on was on a HD TV and it still looked bad.....
RCoughtrie

20th Nov 05 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gonna give it a bash on a better pc... see if i can see what your saying
Cybermonkey

20th Nov 05 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chump
quote:
quote:

eh w....t....f

you obviously have a Shit PC then mate.....the 360 version has no AA or AF - get a half decent PC that can run say 4x AA and 4x AF at 1280 x 1024 and it pisses all over the 360 version. And i've played both. Also the 360 i played on was on a HD TV and it still looked bad.....

my dads bigger than your dad
Cybermonkey

20th Nov 05 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and yes with the ATi x1800 and Nvidia 7800GTX SLi, it WILL look far better than the xbox360 version. a wee bit more computing power with a nice AMD Athlon64 FX57
Chump

20th Nov 05 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
and yes with the ATi x1800 and Nvidia 7800GTX SLi, it WILL look far better than the xbox360 version. a wee bit more computing power with a nice AMD Athlon64 FX57

actually it looks far better with just a GT and a cheap AMD 64 bit proc....no doubt with a GTX (even 2 in SLI) it will look even better.....
mk4_astra

20th Nov 05 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only reason im not getting a 360 is im moving away to the coast for 6 months in feb, and when i get back the ps3 will be out so i can see which is best anyway game lineup for the launch date of the 360 looks pretty good: Amped 3 (2K Sports), Call of Duty 2 (Activision), Condemned: Criminal Origins (SEGA), FIFA Soccer 06 Road to 2006 FIFA World Cup (Electronic Arts), GUN (Activision), Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft), Madden NFL 06 (Electronic Arts), NBA 2K6 (2K Sports), NBA LIVE 06(Electronic Arts), Need for Speed Most Wanted (Electronic Arts), NHL 2K6 (2K Sports), Perfect Dark Zero (Microsoft), Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie (Ubisoft), Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft),Quake 4 (id Software and Activision), Ridge Racer 6 (Namco),Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06 (Electronic Arts), Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Activision)
and a few screenshots of a few games:

and thats not on a HDTV
Chump

20th Nov 05 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and none of those are actual in game screens either...they all pre-rendered marketing shots....
mk4_astra

20th Nov 05 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

better?
Carl

20th Nov 05 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plenty of different sources are saying how much the xbox 360 is going to dick on the ps3.
Nath

20th Nov 05 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
Plenty of different sources are saying how much the xbox 360 is going to dick on the ps3.

I've also been hearing that. I'm getting the 360 instead of the PS3.
Nath

20th Nov 05 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

eh w....t....f

Yeah because from what i've seen and played the graphics are dog shit on the 360

360 comes straight out of a box with very good graphics, how much pissing about and money do you need to make the PC look better than the 360? More than its worth imo. I'm not a fan of playing games on the PC, much prefer consoles (except for Footie Manager).

[Edited on 20-11-2005 by Nath]
Chump

20th Nov 05 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i expected a 'Next Gen' console to look far better than a Mid-Range PC can easily do now....

[Edited on 20-11-2005 by Chump]
mk4_astra

20th Nov 05 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i expected a 'Next Gen' console to look far better than a Mid-Range PC can easily do now....

pc's can be upgraded though, and cost alot more. also remember the first games to come out for the ps2 and xbox, the graphics were pretty bad compared to the latest titles. people are all ready saying that the next gen consoles are going to make developers willing to spend more on creating a game than what people spend on making movies the type of disks that the 360 and ps3 will use means that creaters can make a much more in depth with graphics to match.
Chump

20th Nov 05 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_astra
quote:

pc's can be upgraded though, and cost alot more. also remember the first games to come out for the ps2 and xbox, the graphics were pretty bad compared to the latest titles. people are all ready saying that the next gen consoles are going to make developers willing to spend more on creating a game than what people spend on making movies the type of disks that the 360 and ps3 will use means that creaters can make a much more in depth with graphics to match.

this is very true. i will no doubt end up getting one but im going to wait at least 6 months until developers have had to time to release titles that fully yield the potential of the console....in other words im not going to buy titles that have just been developed to launch the console....
John

20th Nov 05 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read somebody up there saying there was no AA in whatever xbox360 game.
All xbox360 games have at least 2xAA.
Tiesto

21st Nov 05 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im holding on for the PS3 as it comes with a HD DVD drive installed (Blu-Ray) so a huge amount of space can be used for games developers leading to better, bigger games.
While microsoft still have the normal DVD drive. Though they have said later down the line they will release the 360 with an HD-DVD drive, depending who wins the sony vs toshiba dvd race.

Though i played a 360 today and i have to say it looks like its going to be pretty good.
John

21st Nov 05 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blu ray and hd-dvd are different. Sony comes with blu-ray. Will not play hd-dvd.
The xbox won't support hd-dvd games even if there is eventually a drive included.
Xbox can just use multiple dvds if more space is needed.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll