corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Sony Playstation 2....................................

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sony Playstation 2....................................
Richie

User status: Offline
21st Aug 04 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silver one has a quieter fan and built in infrared port i believe. Thats about it really kev.
kev_corsa

21st Aug 04 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhhhhhhh righto, rich, how much could you get me chip for then? ill solder it in myself. can it be used on the silver ones?
Richie

21st Aug 04 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chips for PS2 are a twat to get nowadays mate, only a few people have contacts. My contact got done by trading standards.

Soldering involves 21-24 wires and a 0.12mm 15-20w iron, and kynar wire.

Best bet is to try and get Demo's mate to supply you a chip, but make sure its a Messiah 2, an F-14 or a DMS3 V2 chip.
Jambo

21st Aug 04 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

black ones have qieter fan and infa red port too for DVD remote
Richie

21st Aug 04 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All v8/v9/v10 consoles whether they be black or silver have the infrared port and quieter fan.
Greg_M

23rd Aug 04 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chewy
quote:
Originally posted by Greg12v
never heard so much rubbish. the xbox is by far the better consol. and the xbox will play coppied DVDs. the PS2 will play some coppied DVDs not all. and one some will crash halfway through.

i work for GAME, the PS2 is not £105, and the xbox will be £99.99 on friday onwards.

the xbox also has xbox live which is the best gaming experience there is, what does the PS2 have, online facilaties that no1 supports. BRILL!
if you work for game i would look again i got an e mail this morning saying silver ps2 with 2 games for £109
look yourself it's on the front page
http://shop.game.net/

[Edited on 21-08-2004 by chewy]

105 - 109 there different numbers arnt they so back at you.

if you want a PS2, trade in two games, no matter what they are and you can have one for £85
Demo

23rd Aug 04 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
Best bet is to try and get Demo's mate to supply you a chip, but make sure its a Messiah 2, an F-14 or a DMS3 V2 chip.

thats the 3 models i can get my hands on.

have mailed you the prices kev

and for anyone else that wants to know the costs
Messiah 2 V2.0 = £21 Delivered
Matrix MXL2 = £21 Delivered
Matrix Infinity = £31 Delivered
DMS3 = £31 Delivered
Nath

23rd Aug 04 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
also if you have a PS2 you'll be changing the laser about every 12months or so

Hmmm, owned mine since 31/08/2001 and not changed the laser once. It was used day in day out as a dvd player up until about 2 months back and it has never failed me. It was always played very hard for long hours when i was a student I feel you are talking shit.

PS2 all the way. Dont forget the PS2 came out much earlier than the Xbox (which is the size of a paving slab by the way) and it can still more than hold its own.

Plus GTA San Andreas very soon Gonna be the best game of all time! Just like GTA Vice City was
kev_corsa

23rd Aug 04 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ordered me a silver ps2 now for £105 so i should have it in the car for trax! and my custom screen
Greg_M

24th Aug 04 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

Hmmm, owned mine since 31/08/2001 and not changed the laser once. It was used day in day out as a dvd player up until about 2 months back and it has never failed me. It was always played very hard for long hours when i was a student I feel you are talking shit.

PS2 all the way. Dont forget the PS2 came out much earlier than the Xbox (which is the size of a paving slab by the way) and it can still more than hold its own.

Plus GTA San Andreas very soon Gonna be the best game of all time! Just like GTA Vice City was

talking shit, rite mate, i see at least 5 people a day that come in and say that the lazer has gone on there PS2. just because you have been lucky does mean im talking shite. wanker

and as for the GTA quote yeah best game of the year for 12 year old kids. doesnt really compare to raindow six 3, halo ect.

the only game that the PS2 is worth it for is GT4,

the xbox is big yeah, but it also has a loads of stuff built into it that the PS doesnt have. HARD DRIVE? the xbox is a PC in a smaller box. i surgest you STFU till you have a argument worth listening to.

i was like you, i had a PS2 and loved it. the only reason the PS2 is still around is because it was out first. Xbox has superior graphix, games, and xbox live. name one feature the PS2 has that no other has? it stands on its side. wow, just like everythign else sony design

[Edited on 24-08-2004 by Greg12v]
Munchie

24th Aug 04 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£99 in woolworths
Greg_M

24th Aug 04 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Munchie
£99 in woolworths

yup, and HMV, but for a 'limited' time only
Tiesto

24th Aug 04 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS2 is better, got both and the controller for the xbox is like a brick i know you can buy smaller ones, but why make customers go out and buy the smaller version? PS2 got nice features too, the eyetoy is a good concept, not brilliant but fun to be had for 5 mins lol.
Plus PS2 has the widest range of games, including PS1 games.
Nath

24th Aug 04 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

talking shit, rite mate, i see at least 5 people a day that come in and say that the lazer has gone on there PS2. just because you have been lucky does mean im talking shite. wanker

and as for the GTA quote yeah best game of the year for 12 year old kids. doesnt really compare to raindow six 3, halo ect.

the only game that the PS2 is worth it for is GT4,

the xbox is big yeah, but it also has a loads of stuff built into it that the PS doesnt have. HARD DRIVE? the xbox is a PC in a smaller box. i surgest you STFU till you have a argument worth listening to.

i was like you, i had a PS2 and loved it. the only reason the PS2 is still around is because it was out first. Xbox has superior graphix, games, and xbox live. name one feature the PS2 has that no other has? it stands on its side. wow, just like everythign else sony design

[Edited on 24-08-2004 by Greg12v]

The PS2 is older than the wank Xbox, of course the wank box is gonna have better features. The joypads on PS2 are by far better and easier to use for starters. I have played Xbox many times and do not like it. Halo is poo, such an over rated slow and boring game. Rainbow 6 is also shit. I'm entitled to my opinion and that opinion is that the PS2 is better. If you dont like it then go cry elsewhere. Also not one of my mates has had their PS2 fail and you say you see at least 5 people per day whose have? Dont exaggerate will ya mate.......

Each to their own and all that.
Nath

24th Aug 04 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also no need to get offensive and call me a 'wanker'. Whats the point in that?
kev_corsa

24th Aug 04 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL at this thread!

all i wanted to know was what the PS2 plays!
Greg_M

24th Aug 04 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The PS2 is older than the wank Xbox, of course the wank box is gonna have better features. The joypads on PS2 are by far better and easier to use for starters. I have played Xbox many times and do not like it. Halo is poo, such an over rated slow and boring game. Rainbow 6 is also shit. I'm entitled to my opinion and that opinion is that the PS2 is better. If you dont like it then go cry elsewhere. Also not one of my mates has had their PS2 fail and you say you see at least 5 people per day whose have? Dont exaggerate will ya mate.......Each to their own and all that.

ok a slight exaderation, but i assure you i see loads.

you are entitled to your own opinion, but you said i was talking shit, which i am not. i am also entitled to my own opinion, i simply retaliated as i dont like being accused of talking shite, as i do know what im talking about thanks
Kieran McMutrie

24th Aug 04 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pro Evolution soccer 3 on the Ps2 is fantastic! Bar that I'd go for the xbox. Better graphics and quality in games. I have both. They're so cheap just buy them both Xbox is dead easy to chip. Only 6 wires. Ps2 is a swine though. Many more and dead small contacts.
j4ke

24th Aug 04 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with my playstation i have to load it up with another disk (swap magic) dnt think they do them any more. the x-box u just put the game in and play it as normall.
Jafster

25th Aug 04 at 04:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my ps2

broke my original fan so wired these onto it -keeps the chip cool
havent brought 1 game for it for about a year-but i have over 130-lol

im also wondering why this post aint been deleted yet ???
raciest...
Jafster

25th Aug 04 at 05:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

by the way its got a messiah chip and its one of the early model ps2 -still going well apart from the laser -dont read full dvd games that well -they sell the laser for £50 i think

i prefer my xbox anyday though.....halo 2- in 3 months!! -joy
the_legend_of_yrag

25th Aug 04 at 06:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take 4 ps 1 titles to game and trade em in you get a silver ps2 for £85

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll