corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » jamsport fiesta st150

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author jamsport fiesta st150
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
9th Feb 09 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:
Originally posted by deano87
I didn't mean the dip in power was that it's running lean. I meant that a dip in power is showing a problem with the car somewhere i.e. AFM if I'm not mistaken.

tbh Nic, you're trying to pick fault with everything I say now.

No he isn't he trying to educate you a bit. And 30bhp difference yeah in higher powered cars, think percentages. 60bhp aint going to vary by 30bhp+ (unless you have the wrong 2 wheels on the rollers.

aye, true point carl. 30bhp differences can happen as you say more of a percentage of the power of the car. i mean what 10% is it or slightly less in the case of this fiesta.

Carl

9th Feb 09 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
quote:
its a dyno day carl. its always nice to know what your car is roughly running like. ive had my std vectra gsi that i dont plan to tune on the rollers. dyno days are fun. nothing serious.

You have a point, putting cars on rollers and driving in straight lines just doesn't do it for me. Then again I am a miserable bastard!

i drive round corners also....

plus how would i know what power my car made after being mapped? i mean i paid for it to be mapped, id like a result, not just a here you go its done and me knowing no wiser that it might be 100bhp down..............

I'm on about numpties in their non-tuned 1.nowts, I'm all for the use of rollers for useful stuff, such as your example, thats what they are for.
deano87

9th Feb 09 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6bhp difference (10% roughly) was about right with mine if you take into consideration temps and stuff. TOTD also raised tyre pressures on every car.

I RR'd mine 1) to see if it was running ok 2) for shits and giggles, as it was a South East Rolling Road day.

I would never have it randomly rolling roaded. Also, with mine standard and Fonz's having air filter with cold air feed, straight through exhaust etc, we wanted to see if there would be much difference. And wasn't.
Nic Barnes

9th Feb 09 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, id rolling road anything i drove for a laugh. my local place is friendly enough. they had a lawn mower on it once (sit on type) that was turbo'd and running dta.
deano87

9th Feb 09 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
tbh, id rolling road anything i drove for a laugh. my local place is friendly enough. they had a lawn mower on it once (sit on type) that was turbo'd and running dta.

awesome.
deano87

9th Feb 09 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyway, Jamsport Fiesta ST150
Nick-S

9th Feb 09 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
you posted a vid of that ages ago dint you?
Nic Barnes

quote:
TOTD also raised tyre pressures on every car.

more air in tyres can put the figures up
Nic Barnes

quote:
Originally posted by GSi_16v
quote:

not on the rollers, i wasnt there then.
deano87

9th Feb 09 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they did it for safety reasons. Not sure though. And in that case, I'll run 100psi all the time, will aid uphill slip road acceleration

JOKE.
Nick-S

9th Feb 09 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by GSi_16v
quote:

not on the rollers, i wasnt there then.
no just a vid of it i ment....
Nic Barnes

9th Feb 09 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think they did it for safety reasons. Not sure though. And in that case, I'll run 100psi all the time, will aid uphill slip road acceleration

JOKE.

well probably did it to make sure less chance of wheelspin. more air makes them grip a touch better. last time mine was on rollers it was on 15psi in the front tyres. ive only just thought of that actually.
deano87

9th Feb 09 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

broster
Premium Member

10th Feb 09 at 07:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great little car this, running one of our supercharger stage 2.5 kits, standard 2ltr duratec bottom end

we have many more of these supercharged fiestas kicking about, seem to be doing alot recently.

nic, TOTD use a dyno dynamics rolling road, this doesnt calculate the losses for each car on a run down, they guestimate (reasonably well) the losses, hence they set the tyre pressures etc, they also run in 3rd not 4th like many others.

if you use a rolling road such as a maha, they calculate the losses on run down, this means you can have 3 psi in your tyres or 40psi, the actual calculated flywheel figure will remain pretty much the same, however on a DD rolling road it will change.
Kano

10th Feb 09 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Broster what sort of moneys involved in the Supercharger conversions?
broster
Premium Member

10th Feb 09 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fitted for £3300 at the moment, prices are under review tho due to the euro effecting the prices of some of the kit parts so much.

we do the conversion in 1/2 a day, people drive in with 150bhp and go home with 280bhp+ on a regular basis, still on a standard ecu
Simon_16v

10th Feb 09 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1/2 a day
Paul_J

10th Feb 09 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

No he isn't he trying to educate you a bit. And 30bhp difference in higher powered cars, think percentages.

Exactly...

It's acceptable for deano's car to be out 6 bhp... 61 rather than 55. = 10.9% difference. (you wouldn't even blink at this difference, you'd think rollers can be out a little bit).

Now the fiesta, 329 bhp rather than 298 bhp. = 10.4 % difference.

So in fact, there's more percentage 'potential' inaccuracies with the 1.0 12v than change in the % of the fiesta ST's power.

However, it's also possible as Nic says, the amount of 'different factors'. Tyre Pressures, Fuel Octane, Air Temp, (adjusted boost?), Roller accuracies, (what % they use to calculate fly power from wheel), etc
FlamingCorsa

10th Feb 09 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
fitted for £3300 at the moment, prices are under review tho due to the euro effecting the prices of some of the kit parts so much.

we do the conversion in 1/2 a day, people drive in with 150bhp and go home with 280bhp+ on a regular basis, still on a standard ecu

thats a bargin really when u think about the power increase!
spikedjack

10th Feb 09 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you say standard bottom end 2.0 but do you mean it hasnt had the duratec 2.3 conersion and has had forged internals or, standard internals on the 2.0 broster?
Nic Barnes

10th Feb 09 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
nic, TOTD use a dyno dynamics rolling road, this doesnt calculate the losses for each car on a run down, they guestimate (reasonably well) the losses, hence they set the tyre pressures etc, they also run in 3rd not 4th like many others.

question for you mark, mine gets ran in 5th gear as it cant stay in the rollers in 4th. what will this make a difference to?
Graham88

10th Feb 09 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

That's impressive. Alot of money but almost double the power.
deano87

10th Feb 09 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May be they can do it to a 1.6 Duratec engine
Nic Barnes

10th Feb 09 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
May be they can do it to a 1.6 Duratec engine

id not doubt that they could.
deano87

10th Feb 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would be interesting.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » jamsport fiesta st150 22 database queries in 0.0157049 seconds