corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Got the keys to our reposession finally!!! ****garden finished pg 7**** 16/07/10

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Got the keys to our reposession finally!!! ****garden finished pg 7**** 16/07/10
Graham88

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 09 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one, I think this is the way forwards if I was to buy a place, that way I can build it to how I want it, good luck
jungle

3rd Feb 09 at 06:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it's deffo the way to go like ad prefer buying and fixing this than owning a new build would give us more of a good feeling that we've braught this house back from it's nackered state and put our own mark on it that will stand the test of time its more the garden's am worried about dinny have the first clue where to start when we do lol but all i know is i'll be hiring a mini digger and a large skip for all the crap first
PaulJMcT

3rd Feb 09 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is the bit to the rear of the house, the bit with the knocked down sort of out building?

I've bookmarked this, gonna watch with interest, i like this sort of thing, nice to see something brough back to former glory.
Laura

3rd Feb 09 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was the coal shed. prev owners must have knocked it down. Silly billies!

We would have used it to extend our bathroom!
PaulJMcT

3rd Feb 09 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have plans to build it back up or are you gonna end up tidying it up to suit the rest of the house?

Once finished your house will be cracking!
Kano

3rd Feb 09 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good for the money.. We get the keys to ours on the 28th.. Biggest issue we have is a loose floor board though.. lol

We looked at a few in that condition but the prices didnt really add up in the areas they were in. Good luck with it..

Laura

3rd Feb 09 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulJMcT
Do you have plans to build it back up or are you gonna end up tidying it up to suit the rest of the house?

Once finished your house will be cracking!

Were just gonna trim back that bit extra wall sticking out and tidy it up

Whole exterior will be getting changed to another colour, cause that white and orange/red is hideous!!!
jungle

3rd Feb 09 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm gonna get the stilth saw out and trim down that rough part of the old coal bunker and gonna get the roughcasting patched up and painted up a new colour
PaulJMcT

4th Feb 09 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep the updates coming, its like watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition!
Shell
Premium Member

10th Feb 09 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aah, that's just two minutes away from me. Actually quite a no bad wee area! Will look fab once it's done, lots of space. And John "That kind of area"?

[Edited on 10-02-2009 by Shelley]
Laura

10th Feb 09 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seem's really quiet so far, not really seen much of the neighbours.

Will see more once we've moved in I expect.

Will get some updated photos tomorrow morning!!

Everything is now gutted apart from kitchen and livingroom, they'll get started in phase 2

Upstairs is gonna be finished in few weeks, new coving is now up, walls are due another flush and will get a first coat of paint this weekend, then bathroom gets fitted once the tiles arrive.

Have gone for a light beige travertine all through bathroom. The suite arrived today as well and the bath is a bit too big for the bathroom me thinks but should look ncie when finished! Some transformation already!

jungle

11th Feb 09 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

watch out for prgress piks today gonna be a big ass shock lol
WATSON

12th Feb 09 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheres these pictures I was passing the other day seen the car sitting outside the house.
jungle

13th Feb 09 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol keeps forgetting the camera but piks today as promised lol
Laura

15th Feb 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally uploaded photos from the last week.

New front and back doors were first priority for safety!

We aren't starting livingroom or kitchen until upstairs, and lower hall and bathroom are completed, so this is where all attenton has been focused on.

It was a tedious task removing all that artex and paper, we had no heating or electricity for a week due to previous owners running up huge debts with Scottish Power so had to wait on Transco and an engineer coming out to reset and replace both meters. I'd have dry meters if I could, but as we are first time customers Scottish Power want a £125 deposit per meter to change which will be refunded after 12 months!! That £250 can be better spent elsewhere at the moment.

Anyway, once we had electricity and steamers for the walls it was a doddle!

Bathroom was ripped out, as was all skirtings and door facings and flooring.

Both bedrooms have had ceilings and walls filled and sanded and a coat of paint, then filled again and another sand. Need to choose a paint colour!

Hall has just had a coat of paint to get rid of that horrid green and white bareness! They still need to be filled and sanded to get em near perfect, new coving is also up as is new woodwork - skirtings and door facings.

Next stage is painting the bedrooms, then we will get started on the hall.

Also spotlights have been fitted to livingroom, bathroom and kitchen in order to get flooring down upstairs.

Big thanks to my father in law and fiance for all there hard work, but tbh if it wasn't for my wonderful wall stripping skills they wouldn;t have got started

Waiting on tiles being delivered for bathroom, but it is getting roughed in tomorrow (Monday) and pipes moved etc as we are moving things around a bit. Once tiles come will get it tiled asap then suite can be properly fitted and we finally have somewhere to pee instead of running home every 5 mins

New doors

Hallway

Spare Bedroom

Main Bedroom

Bathroom

Livingroom is now storage!!

Colin

15th Feb 09 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow yeah great progress, you'll be in in no time if you keep this work rate up!!
jungle

15th Feb 09 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to get to that stage has taken a fair while as mr bodge it lived in the house before us spent most of the time fixing his f**k up's and it is quite annoying, but hey just gotta take it in our stride hopefully alot more progress with the house by sunday this week as i will be finishing the bedroom's ready for carpet going down in our room the laminate flooring will be going down in the spare room as of one night this week after my work which also remind's me i need to buy some bedroom door's
M2RTY

15th Feb 09 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats good progress

took me 6 months to do upstairs so far and only got one room done lol
jungle

15th Feb 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha well am a painter and decorator to trade and do things like this and sometimes wore everyday of my working life so kinda comes easy that and the fact i'm not shy in getting my hand's dirty after work and whenever i have a spare few hour's or so lol
daymoon
Premium Member

15th Feb 09 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks sooo much better already!

have you plastered any of the walls or is it just some filler and paint?
jungle

15th Feb 09 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just filler (easy fill) and paint basically a 100% fill out tho tend not to plaster wall's as i can get a better finish to the wall's myself without the need to plaster
as you can see in a few of the picture's no wall or ceiling has been left unfilled hav'nt started the hall yet but it will be the same in a few days after i have completly finished the bedrooom's
jungle

15th Feb 09 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the process goes like this : flush wall's with easy fill, sand wall's miss coat wall's with random paint to give them a coat flush wall's again and sand and paint in finish colour's of laura's choice
M2RTY

15th Feb 09 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tried that, plaster fell off most of them when the wall paper came off. check my threads
Kano

15th Feb 09 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jungle whats the script with the filling and sanding of the walls.. Do you get big sanding blocks or that? Im wanting to do our walls before we paint so that there perfect finish..

Ta!

P.S. looking good, long way to go.. lol
jungle

16th Feb 09 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best left to someone who know's what there doing or you'll end up with wobbly wall's lol

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll