corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » VeeTwo - white 1.6 16v sport

New Poll
  <<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VeeTwo - white 1.6 16v sport
Mark.W

User status: Offline
30th Dec 11 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks smart mate did you wrap it with your bare hands or wear gloves?

Its bloody itchy stuff

DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

30th Dec 11 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one Marc,looks wicked!!

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Haimsey
Premium Member

30th Dec 11 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys.

I wore gloves to wrap it, but forgot about my arms covered in black dye and itchy as hell!
Got finger/forearm ache now from spending 3hours tensed up pulling it tight and feeding massive lengths through eash time!

Can't believe I bought 50ft roll and its taken 49 ft 8 inches

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

30th Dec 11 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell!

Worth it though mate.

Haimsey
Premium Member

2nd Jan 12 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another small update -

Wasnt getting along with my carbon guage panel as it was, so decided to alter it around a bit.
Alan flocked me another centre peice - thanks to him, top chap - and i set to trying to make it work.

Came up with this in the end -

Decided on making life easier too, without spoiling the panel so got some tiny 6mm closed grommets to allow access to the rear screws more easily, standard hazard switch used once again.

and fitted -

Just need to locate the hazard switch....as ive mislaid it but other than that, im happy with it.

(Oh and because im anal the weave now goes the same way as the MFD, whereas before id done it the opposite out of ignorance.)

Gave it a wash too, hadnt really bothered because i was expecting some crappy weather, but it never came.

No after pics, i was too cold But its all clean, inside and out, love that feeling, its like having fresh clean sheets on the bed

Marcy Marc

Jon_C
Premium Member

2nd Jan 12 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love this car. Can I have it please ??? Who did your flocking?

[Edited on 02-01-2012 by Jon_C]
Jed D

2nd Jan 12 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

give him the car but give me that manifold first

love it, really want some g60's
Haimsey
Premium Member

2nd Jan 12 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jon - Thanks, sorry to say, im keeping hold of it
My flocking (all of it) was done by a chap i found via eBay called Alan, he still does a few bits and sells them on eBay AFAIK, but also does other parts in his spare time.
Very reasonably priced, great quality work and very honest! Very pleased to have come across him.

Jed - Its currently sat on my bedroom floor, i get excited every time i look at it.

Thanks, yeah, i went to VW to get a 5th ordered as well as replacement centre caps/covers just in case, but the chap couldnt find them Even when i offered him up a cap that id taken off my car which had a part number in it...decided id go back another day

Marcy Marc

DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

2nd Jan 12 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good job on the centre console Marc,gauges look so OEM.

[Edited on 02-01-2012 by DansCorsaSXi]

Haimsey
Premium Member

2nd Jan 12 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks dude

MOT on 18th!
Few little bits to sort out - like finding the hazard cover and resetting my airbag light however that is done.

It hope it will pass without issue, best not be an expensive start to the year!

Marcy Marc

DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

2nd Jan 12 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where are the gauges wired to? I've always wondered.

Haimsey
Premium Member

2nd Jan 12 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Power wise somewhere behind the headlight switch, they were all altered and re-routed when I had the dash out to make it a bit neater.
The other bits runs into the bay to the sandwich plate

Marcy Marc

Jon_C
Premium Member

2nd Jan 12 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could you u2u me alans details please?
Haimsey
Premium Member

2nd Jan 12 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u en route

Marcy Marc

Jon_C
Premium Member

2nd Jan 12 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jed D

2nd Jan 12 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey

Thanks, yeah, i went to VW to get a 5th ordered as well as replacement centre caps/covers just in case, but the chap couldnt find them Even when i offered him up a cap that id taken off my car which had a part number in it...decided id go back another day

ebay have them as single wheels for about £50 i think, dunno about the caps though.

someone was selling a set quite local and i didn't have the cash at that time, kicking myself as they quite possibly my fav wheels for a b. just dont see many other colours other than the standard silver
Haimsey
Premium Member

2nd Jan 12 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen them in white. They looked awful. I think a light silver is best suited to them.
I did do a PS of mine anthracite when I was playing with ideas, but again it didn't look right.
Looking at 60 per wheel roughly from VW, caps were something like 4 quid and the wheel bolt caps under a quid each.

Marcy Marc

corsasportsam

3rd Jan 12 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love this car mate!!! just wondering how you got the skirts to match the originals so well were they already like it or have you sprayed em??? ive only had time to look at last few pages today mate
VegasPhil
Premium Member

3rd Jan 12 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey

ebay have them as single wheels for about £50 i think, dunno about the caps though.

someone was selling a set quite local and i didn't have the cash at that time, kicking myself as they quite possibly my fav wheels for a b. just dont see many other colours other than the standard silver

They are dirt cheap to buy.

Nice updates mate

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
corsa.kid

3rd Jan 12 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love this car good job loving everything u have done
nibnob21
Premium Member

3rd Jan 12 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love this car too lol. Very tasteful and subtle, just what I like.

Great job on the oil gauges. I would have done the same with the carbon wrapping in regards to the pattern direction. Bit of OCD kicks in I think lol, worth making the effort though.

I used your Omega stalk tutorial the other day by the way so thanks for that! Very helpful.

Could you also u2u me Alan's details please. I'm in the process of getting a few quotes so one more wouldn't hurt

Cheers.

MX5 Project Thread
gidged500
Premium Member

4th Jan 12 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a read through your thread love the car some cracking mods and you've made me decide I'm gonna go standard colour with the arches etc ! What do you use on them
Jed D

4th Jan 12 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it real carbon fibre? did you cut it yourself? if so how? thanks
Jed D

4th Jan 12 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gidged500
Just had a read through your thread love the car some cracking mods and you've made me decide I'm gonna go standard colour with the arches etc ! What do you use on them

heat gun works well or peanut butter
Adster

4th Jan 12 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love looking through this thread all the time!

Nice work mate
Wish my girlfriend would buy me presents for mine as im always helping her with the fecking lupo

<<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » VeeTwo - white 1.6 16v sport 24 database queries in 0.1228659 seconds