corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » How much would you spend/have you spent on your first house?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How much would you spend/have you spent on your first house?
Ojc

User status: Offline
8th Jan 09 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
You are 19 and are contemplating moving out? Are you fucking crazy? You aren't even in your twenties and you want to commit to the single biggest purchase of your life? You would be better off saving your cash for another 5 years and having a massive deposit, especially around our way where everything is ridiculously priced.

Not everyone can live at home until they are 25

I live at home, but I don't live in a small room upstairs in my parents house. I only go in the house to eat.
jungle

8th Jan 09 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we needed a 15% deposit but they recomended putting down more than 15% to get a very good morgage rate
deano87

8th Jan 09 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
You are 19 and are contemplating moving out? Are you fucking crazy? You aren't even in your twenties and you want to commit to the single biggest purchase of your life? You would be better off saving your cash for another 5 years and having a massive deposit, especially around our way where everything is ridiculously priced.

Not everyone can live at home until they are 25

I live at home, but I don't live in a small room upstairs in my parents house. I only go in the house to eat.

A tent
Ojc

8th Jan 09 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes
dannymccann

8th Jan 09 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pow
Premium Member

9th Jan 09 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

No Oliver, I'm following your exact advise just before you gave it.

I'm starting on the savings NOW so I can get something worth having round here.

I want to move out to Warfield, where a 2 bed semi with a garage costs £175k at the moment.

That means 20k in savings.
stubbsy05

9th Jan 09 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't regret moiving out at 21.

I moved out at 21. Bought Flat at £83k, borrowed 9k and sold it 6 months later for £125k.

Bought a house for £128k when others on the street were going for £150k+. Have done that up gradually and still living in it.

Next stage is to buy a 3 bed semi to move into and let the exisiting house out whilst the market is crap.

I started with a deposit of £4.5k and now (just turned 24) have a house worth £150ish and equity of £42k in it.
deano87

9th Jan 09 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex.S

I moved out at 21. Bought Flat at £83k, borrowed 9k and sold it 6 months later for £125k.

Bought a house for £128k when others on the street were going for £150k+. Have done that up gradually and still living in it.

Next stage is to buy a 3 bed semi to move into and let the exisiting house out whilst the market is crap.

I started with a deposit of £4.5k and now (just turned 24) have a house worth £150ish and equity of £42k in it.

I wish I was old.
welshdude

9th Jan 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought my 3 bed detached with my gf 6 months ago for 124,950 to avoid stamp duty. It was originally up for 162k but the seller was dreaming at that price. It needed a new kitchen which set me back around 3k with all the appliances (cooker, fridge etc) and new windows and doors as they were wood, paid 3.8k to have them replaced with wood effect pvc.

The rest of the house just needed to be stripped of all the 1980’s wallpaper and replaced with modern paint. I haven’t got much of a garden, just a small patio but that suits me as I’d probably let it overgrow. I just have to make sure that conifer trees out the back don’t grow to 40ft!

Looking back now I wish I’d gone for a tracker mortgage, currently I’m fixed at 5.5% for another 2 and a half years, I could be saving a fair chunk on a £670 a month mortgage.
myke

9th Jan 09 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iro £195k in May 2007

small 2 bed semi with linked garage in High Wycombe.
Was modest but near perfect when i moved in, but it needs a bit of a jazz up now. Kitchen could do with updating still.
stubbsy05

9th Jan 09 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:

I wish I was old.

OI!

JUst turned 24 and less of the old please! Your only as old as the woman you feel and all that!
Ojc

9th Jan 09 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just don't feel the need to move out, like ever?
Colin

9th Jan 09 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best thing I ever done was move out the parental nest. Could never go back now, im usually in a sweat after 1/2hr in my parents company when I visit & itching to get home!!
Ojc

9th Jan 09 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have never felt like that, plus the fact I have a decent garage, decent driveway for space for 2 of my cars, a downstairs bedroom with en-suite and a walk in wardrobe, my own front door and my room is very very nice inside if I say so myself. I don't aspire to own my own house, I would rent like the Europeans but get frowned upon for wanting to do that
nik

9th Jan 09 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

250k + bit on gardens etc, didn't need work inside.
deano87

9th Jan 09 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:

I wish I was old.

OI!

JUst turned 24 and less of the old please! Your only as old as the woman you feel and all that!

Saying that. I'm only 21
Ben G

9th Jan 09 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you're older than me deano
Graham88

9th Jan 09 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
21 in 3 months mate, getting old + girlfriend is moving into my parents house in 2 weeks

Good luck, you'll need it
Adge

9th Jan 09 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i moved out then i was 18 but rented untill i was 20!

at 20 i bought a 115k house and i love it! best decision ever!
Graham88

9th Jan 09 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh & I am in the same boat as OJC it seems. I have absolutely no reason to move out. I have everything I need at home, I live downstairs which suits me perfectly what with working nights and not disturbing them when I come in.

I have a nice room if I say so, only thing I'd say I want is a sofa to sit on whilst watching TV, but there isn't enough room realistically. For £160 a month though it really doesn't bother me much.

I have a garage out the back, a drive if needed, hot water, all bills paid etc, meals cooked for me (I'd get takeaway most nights if I lived on my own).

Plus I'm 20 years old, I have the rest of my life too do the boring mature stuff. For now I want a fast car and a fast bike, the stuff of dreams.
Kathryn W

9th Jan 09 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought first house in July, paid £110,500
J da Silva

9th Jan 09 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

98k, 2 bed semi.
dannymccann

9th Jan 09 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Oh & I am in the same boat as OJC it seems. I have absolutely no reason to move out. I have everything I need at home, I live downstairs which suits me perfectly what with working nights and not disturbing them when I come in.

I have a nice room if I say so, only thing I'd say I want is a sofa to sit on whilst watching TV, but there isn't enough room realistically. For £160 a month though it really doesn't bother me much.

I have a garage out the back, a drive if needed, hot water, all bills paid etc, meals cooked for me (I'd get takeaway most nights if I lived on my own).

Plus I'm 20 years old, I have the rest of my life too do the boring mature stuff. For now I want a fast car and a fast bike, the stuff of dreams.

Wish I had it that way, best way to do it, not possible for me though Stay there as long as you can and save as best as possible, good future then!

As for the sofa thing, why not get rid of the bed and buy a decent sofa bed so youve sort of got your own living room?
Ian W

10th Jan 09 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I have never felt like that, plus the fact I have a decent garage, decent driveway for space for 2 of my cars, a downstairs bedroom with en-suite and a walk in wardrobe, my own front door and my room is very very nice inside if I say so myself. I don't aspire to own my own house, I would rent like the Europeans but get frowned upon for wanting to do that

I feel much the same, I can live my own life and all the idependence I need while living at home, theres nothing thats putting me off moving out I just don't really see the need. I know alot of my mates moved out for freedom but I have that now.

Im saving up for a deposit now and its going quite well so far but like you I don't feel the need to own a house but all you get is renting is dead money. If you manage to live to old age you only have to sell it when you go in a home anyway

Graham88

10th Jan 09 at 03:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Wish I had it that way, best way to do it, not possible for me though Stay there as long as you can and save as best as possible, good future then!

As for the sofa thing, why not get rid of the bed and buy a decent sofa bed so youve sort of got your own living room?

I fully intend too, I really can't see me moving out before I'm 25 at least tbh. I don't see the point in moving out by myself.

Regarding couch, have thought about it, problem is, either it'll be uncomfy as a bed, or it'll be uncomfy as a couch, haven't found one that does both!

Plus I'd be lazy and never make it back to a couch

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll