corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Freesat Options with only 1 Sky Socket

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Freesat Options with only 1 Sky Socket
Doug

User status: Offline
13th Dec 08 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Guys,

I have moved into a new flat and I have a dilemma.
There is only 1 sky socket on the wall

Freeview dosnt seem to work very well with the indoor aerial I have tried so I have come to the conclusion that I need freesat!

What is my best way of getting freesat?

From my reading around on the subject it seems like I can go down the following routes.....

- Freesat from Sky (Pay one watch forever) - £75
- Buy a sky box off ebay and a viewing card - £20 for card and £35-50 for box
- Foxsat HD box - £150

Now I had a thought...

Can I use a PVR like the the Foxsat HD PVR unit even though I only have 1 sky socket? I assume I will still be able to use all the functionality except for multitasking type things such as record one show while watching another?

From looking at the channel lists it seems that both freesat on a unit like the FoxsatHD (PVR) and a normal freesat from sky box will both get the exactly same channel selection?

Im sure you have these questions all the time but searching didnt find the exact answers

Plus it will makea change seeing a thread that isnt ALL about the FoxsatHD PVR

Thanks,

Doug
ash_corsa

User status: Offline
13th Dec 08 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Doug

Best bet is a Freesat HD box if you want HD tv about £150
if not a normal Freesat box would do about £50

A PVR would work but like you say, you'd only be able to record/watch one thing at a time.

Freeview will never work very well at all off an indoor aerial, is there no TV socket on the wall next to the Sat socket?

New Poll