corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » This sends a chill down your spine....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This sends a chill down your spine....
Tommy L

User status: Offline
9th Dec 08 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very good compilation of vids. What the think! adverts dont do, is show the aftermath of the accidents. They show the result of speeding etc. But as this advert shows it isn't just down to speeding.

We need a similar/shorter version of that on our TV's. I think they will be a lot more effective than the Think! adverts.
Planty02

9th Dec 08 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSi_16v
quote:
Originally posted by RS6
its that dam song makes you cry

hold me

thank fuck it wasnt just me

same here Funeral scene really hits home

Also, the seatbelt one is very clever and effective.
swill_omnibus

9th Dec 08 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember seeing a video like that when i was doing my passplus.

Was really shocking to see, but the person presenting it was from the fire brigade and the reason they don't show adverts like that in the UK is because of censorship.

Good compilation of vids though.
Chopster

9th Dec 08 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats proper good advert tbh, im glad ive calmed down alot. but i dno bout others on here but i couldnt live knowing tht id killed a child or sum1 through being a twat driving.
Bonney

9th Dec 08 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Imo, we need more adverts like that in this country, Would work alot better. Some of them i couldnt watch, and i think other people where the same because in all honesty were guilty of most of the things it was showing that caused the accidents
Haimsey
Premium Member

9th Dec 08 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome advert. Need some proper shock therapy for some people.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Dav

9th Dec 08 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Adverts don't make me think about speeding.

I like to think I can use my own judgement when driving and base my speed on this.

People who see these then say they'll think before putting their foot down maybe shouldn't be driving.
That's sort of what I was thinking, along with "Am I the only one who got bored watching this?"
Jambo

9th Dec 08 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like the fact the first advert makes a point about paying attention for the driver AND the pedestrian.

Thats whats wrong with the UK, always hellbent and obbsessed with speeding.

You could walk across a road without looking, should the vehicle of been speeding it would be the motorist to blame for thaccident. Not the fact the whole mess could have been avoided with a simple glance in to the road.

Alot of people (general public) are quite niave on the subject of accidents and the reasons behind them.

Cars dont exceed 30mph and become huge child magnets. If they hit a child, its more than likely that the child didnt cross the road properly. As my mum told me "roads are for cars, you have to respect them!" Dont just expect them to stop for you, always assume they havent seen you etc...

antnee

9th Dec 08 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by swill_omnibus
Was really shocking to see, but the person presenting it was from the fire brigade and the reason they don't show adverts like that in the UK is because of censorship.

Thats just our government going mad! Censorship over saving lives? It should be shown to all people, more so the younger as images like those stay in you mind, so young people are less liekly to speed when they start driving

Im suprised no one has said it yet but at 1.56, Vtec kicked in Yo!
DJ_SmokeyJoe

10th Dec 08 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drbeansri
wen i passed i was zooming around everywhere... but since having my big crash ... its made me think before *right foot down*

[Edited on 09-12-2008 by drbeansri]

That clip scared me. I passed just over 2 weeks ago, and, as you said you did - I floored it quite a bit. Although not through towns, built up areas and speed camera zones lol.

My thing was the twisty country lanes near where I live. I could pretend I was in an Evo, rather than a 99' Corsa 1.2 SXi. I rolled the car I saved up a year to buy and wrote it off. 18 inches more and I would have slid down a 40ft bank on the roof, broke my neck and died in the car...

It has really, honestly changed my total approach to driving a car.

- Joe.

Graham88

10th Dec 08 at 04:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sorry I know you were trying to make a real powerful statement there, but how do you know you'd have broken your neck?

Would you have by any chance you got a cut on your arm and a small graze on your ankle too?

[Edited on 10-12-2008 by Graham88]
nik

10th Dec 08 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree, a shorter version of this would be much better than the dross that is currently shown to us. The seatbelt advert about a broken heart is just crap.
XSIHardy

10th Dec 08 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh... tht dog bit ...
id just kill the fucking dog
NiCkO728

10th Dec 08 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by XSIHardy
tbh... tht dog bit ...
id just kill the fucking dog

Yeah but in that split second your mind wouldn't process the thought "kill the dog not myself" and your immediate reaction would be to swerve. So many things happening at the same time.
Gareth F

10th Dec 08 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That bought tears to my eyes, two fatal accidents ive been 1st and 3rd person to the scene sets it in stone what happens when things go wrong..... very good advert tho
Jambo

10th Dec 08 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

p.s Evanescence

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » This sends a chill down your spine.... 23 database queries in 0.0191481 seconds