corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » rented Flat revamp

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rented Flat revamp
neoquip

User status: Offline
8th Dec 08 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After buying a 'nice clean' studio flat a few years ago, I managed to rent it out straight away
16months later the tenant moved out without telling me and also took all the stuff that was in the flat.. didn't tell me there had been a water leak in the bathroom and and the electric in the bathroom had shorted out. You can also see from the pix what it looked like when I bought it.. then how it looked when I gained possesion agian

So whiles stuff dried out after the water leak, I've had new plastering in the bathroom and the electrics been sorted.. I've burnt the wookwork off, re painted stuff, re sanded the floors and re vanished.
Just finishing things off these next few weeks, at the mo I'm putting a new kitchen in, new tiles on the bathroom floors, bathroom wall tileslater this week then I'll get the plumber back to put the new bathroom suite in.
Then the leccy can come back and wire up the cooker.

pix are a bit muddled up, but you'll get the idea what order the should be in

The first 4 pix are how the flat was the day I bought it.. I bought it sold as seen...
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e61/salsachatta/trashed%20flat/?start=all

can you see how it's changed lol

the finished flat lpix can been seen now, flat has now a new tanant as of this Friday gone this last week has been manic getting i all completed in time for him moving in on the 9th Jan.

[Edited on 08-12-2008 by neoquip]

[Edited on 11-01-2009 by neoquip]
M2RTY

8th Dec 08 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

holly shit! thats a mess
Charlene

8th Dec 08 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats shocking, I don't know how people can leave other people's properties like that
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

10th Dec 08 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How someone can have that much disrespect for someone else's property is beyond me. Amazed to see it look that bad after 16 months though.
Twiggy

10th Dec 08 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you not inspect on a regular basis?
jrsteeve

10th Dec 08 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shit when that happens and theres nothing insurance can do about the theft as they had a legal right to be in the property, fucking UK law!!

U should be able to claim the work to the bathroom from the building insruance though so call them asap if you havent already!
neoquip

10th Dec 08 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy

social worker went to see the tenant every two weeks!!! but since found out they didn't get past the front door!!

insurance on water leaks is £1000 excess!!!
l15ter

12th Dec 08 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my uncle had the same thing do to one his homes he was letting, although the people that were the council and they were letting a family live there, concil had to pay for all damage as they took everything out of the bathroom, living room, kitchen etc..sold the house straight afterwards and made a profit
daymoon
Premium Member

12th Dec 08 at 22:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how did u let it? estate agency or council?
GT4Brody

13th Dec 08 at 02:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Proper scumbags, you think they would let council know to get landlord too repair(theyr are obviuosly dss tennants) that fungus growing in the corner is somethging else!! Rank!
Twiggy

13th Dec 08 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neoquip
quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy

social worker went to see the tenant every two weeks!!! but since found out they didn't get past the front door!!

insurance on water leaks is £1000 excess!!!

Social worker wont give a toss about your property, I agree there twats but to not have an inspection in 16mths is crazy!
neoquip

13th Dec 08 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had been in, after a window had been smashed!! I had to replace it, she lived like a student and still had broken glass over the floor even when we went to swap the pane, bits of glass were still on the floor when i gutted it and sanded the floor down.

Troube is, you can't go in and tell people how to live, if they choose to live like a tramp thats how they will live once you gone in and told them to clean up and then left.

Bare in mind this is only a £375 pcm property and for that money you get these types of people.

From this when I bought it...

to this how they left it....

to how it's looking now...

[Edited on 13-12-2008 by neoquip]
dannymccann

13th Dec 08 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the problem right there, put your rent down low and you get the scum in, put it in quite high and people would probably mortgage over rent.

We rent privately, there are a few things wrong with the place but we try our best to keep it as decent as possible for the landlord though, only what I would expect if I were letting

New Poll