corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Electric Windows back to roller windows

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Electric Windows back to roller windows
Wayne

User status: Offline
12th Nov 08 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm having to many problems with my electric windows and my digital dash, i'm not sure how they are wired up but seem to be wired together and keeps blowing the 15a fuse now and again so i want to d/c the electric windows all together and put winders on? How can i do this? Thanks
Wayne

12th Nov 08 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or what other way can i connect the live wire so that it's not part of the digital dash?
Rybo

13th Nov 08 at 05:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the live(s) for the windows....run it through a seperate fuse using spade crimps and on to the incoming side of an ignition live of a decent size above the fuse box area(there is actually a designated fuse holder there so wiring it through that would be great....or if not easier option is do as above taking your feed for your fuse offthe side that is still live after youve removed the fuse) itll be a black wire your looking for, the digidash should be connected behind the clocks to the existing ignition live (again a black-there may be two on the car side of the loom i cant remember-the digi dash plugs have a few on mind...join them all together)
the most important thing is to make sure all the cable joints are tight and insulated (i personally would solder them then heat shrink them or if not crimp them making sure you get good connections)

also bear in mind the windows in (red) you may wanna run this through a fuse as above also)
if i had the car with me i could no doubt work out a simpler way to resolve this but what ive suggested is safe and should work fine,
hope that helps buddy
Wayne

13th Nov 08 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi mate, thats gone in one ear and straight through the other . I think i have an easyier option as well if this will work? Run a wire from either side to lives from the windows, run them into a switch i could put on my dash board, then a live running straight to my battery and earth it. This way i can switch on and off the windows as to when i want? That way i'm not going through the ignition or any fuses? Does that sound ok?
Rybo

13th Nov 08 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it really wants to be fused bud

New Poll