corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » short shaft help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author short shaft help
ripley

User status: Offline
16th Oct 08 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all its time to fit my hubs and shafts and brakes.. drivers side shaft went in just right disk went on ok and the caliper sits right. pass side shaft went in ok but then when i went to bolt the shock on it wa about 4mm out on the top hole. and the shaft is tight and thats it no give at all. please some one help or it goes up in smoke. the set up i have is the cav shafts and hubs in corsa bearings..............thanks
DAZ1985

17th Oct 08 at 06:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The cav shaft is to long to fit a corsa. Thier close but not close enough to work
ripley

17th Oct 08 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate what sort of shaft can i use??????
DAZ1985

17th Oct 08 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mtech,cossvaux,chris astley?

You may be able to get that shaft machined down to size and the splines cut in again
ripley

17th Oct 08 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i might just get 1.6 cav inners and use the corsa 22 spline ones or just get a new shaft to fit any more input.
DAZ1985

17th Oct 08 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its up to you mate. That will work. All you got remember is that the cv joint is the weakest part of the link
ripley

19th Oct 08 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all whats the best side to cut the shaft down? shall i cut the shaft or the inner cv joint?
ripley

19th Oct 08 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all thanks for that i have cut 4mm off the inner cv joint and all is well. till the next time!!!! pics will be up in my garage soon.
ainsley_brader

19th Oct 08 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you sure you have some plunge on that shaft still?

What mounts are you using.

I used mtec mount and stock cally shafts. Did remachine the circlip groove 3 mm further on the shaft but would of fitted without and still had some plunge!
ripley

19th Oct 08 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no plunge on hand test. but got bigger probs now.. got it ready for first test run put front wheels on drivers side went down first loads of room then pass went down then the wheel was rubbing on the back of the arch...?? the strut is not sitting right at the top in the rubber, i will get a new bottom arm and see what will happen if no joy the car is up for sale as i have had a enough, i want my xe back.iam useing the cav drivers mount because of the pas pump and then i made a bracket to mate the corsa one.. and the two gearbox mounts are also the corsa ones.. the shafts are from the cav with machined hubs. any more ideas thanks
ripley

20th Oct 08 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bttt
DAZ1985

20th Oct 08 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is your engine sitting where it should be?

as in over to one side more than it should be? only you say you've chopped and welded a mount to make it fit
ainsley_brader

20th Oct 08 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you would be much better off using the proper mounts!
ripley

20th Oct 08 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all just back from the shed. right i took the anti roll bar thats fits from the bottom cross member to the wheel assembly, and then it sprang back centre. so does that mean the chassis is out or can i get a shorter bar? does any one have or know the measurments of the front end. the car is a 98 1.4 8v shell. thanks
ripley

21st Oct 08 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all any input what be a massive help as the car is really getting me down. thanks

New Poll