corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X18XE1 engine conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X18XE1 engine conversion
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
14th Oct 08 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This couldnt be any easier really...

Mechanical stuff

The standard mounts and gearbox from any four pot model swap straight over to the X18XE1 engine.

Before fitting the engine it is advisable to cut the drivers side heater matrix pipe about 1" shorter and solder on a 90 degree bend as this pipe is fouled by the inlet, although I am looking into use the X16XE inlet and a Mantzel box to get round these clearence problems.

I'd advise you Remove the exhaust manifold before fitting as it is rather right, also keep it off until you have fitted the rad+fan.

My car doesnt have PAS, but I cant see any reason why you couldnt just swap the pump over.

The wiring loom

You need to swap the starting and charging loom from your original engine over to the XE1 block.

Once the engine is in the ECU loom is very simple, just disconnect the ECU loom from inside the car (down by the drivers kick panel) and with draw it through the bulk head.

Cut off the small black plug from the end of the loom and join the wires from the XE1 loom:

Corsa Loom -> XE1 Loom
Thick Red -> 2x Thin Blacks (+12v)
Thick Black -> Thick Black (IGN 12v)
Green -> Green (Revs)
Blue -> Blue (Temp)
Blue Red -> Brown / White (Immo)
Brown / Blue -> Brown / Blue (Immo)
Brown / Yellow -> Brown / Yellow (Diag)

(I think thats all the wires, will have to check).

Now you can plug the XE1 loom into your standard loom.

Remember to swap over the transponder box (on the ignition barrel) and the chip in your key.

Please note this is just off the top of my head, I'll have to double check the loom with what I've done

Exhaust

I've used the standard 4-2-1 Vectra manifold + downpipe and I made up a custom mid section.. Didnt have to change the sump or anything else.

Fueling

The X18XE1 does not have a fuel pressure regulator so you'll need to use an aftermarket regulator.. You simply T-Piece it into the feed and use your existing return line.

[Edited on 15-10-2008 by DaveyLC]
Mobby

14th Oct 08 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you are a star
Cossie

14th Oct 08 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am doing the hardest way as changing my x16xe internals to x18xe1 need to fing measurment of throttle body diameter

New Poll