corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Ginger GSI C20XE. Now For Sale *price dropped*

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ginger GSI C20XE. Now For Sale *price dropped*
Jed D

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 11 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like your ex
jibjob

23rd Dec 11 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the first pic looks like a fuel tank vent valve thats attached to the right side of the inlet. Could be wrong though.

Second pic is gearbox spacers. The attach between the rear mount and the gearbox to space it out so the linkage and everything lines up properly.

Third pic is oil pressure or oil level i can't think which one. If theres a plug on the loom for it then i'd get a new one as it'll just bring up a fault code.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

23rd Dec 11 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isnt the thing on the inlet the egr though?
jibjob

23rd Dec 11 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the EGR is underneath but on the 1600's the vent valve is just bolted to the inlet i'll try and find a picture.
jibjob

23rd Dec 11 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its quite hard to see but if you look at the plastic engine cover, look at the bolt on the right hand side of the cover and then go across to the right a little bit you can just about see it inbetween the cover and the hose

[Edited on 23-12-2011 by jibjob]

[Edited on 23-12-2011 by jibjob]
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

23rd Dec 11 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will that be the same on the xe then?
jibjob

23rd Dec 11 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest i don't remember having one on my early XE so i couldn't tell you but it does look like a tank vent valve from a 1600
Generation

23rd Dec 11 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuel tank vent valve. Bracket goes around inlet red plugs goes into it and a vacuum. From the throttle body.

Last one isn't needed
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

24th Dec 11 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys. Appreciate the help hopefully the engine will be in today and then plummed up in a few weeks when i can afford the hoses and what not
3i_gaz

24th Dec 11 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No offence meant here mate.... but after the balls up and not even knowing what the gearbox mount spacers are for arent you better off having someonee with a bit of knowledge there when your doing this?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

24th Dec 11 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What balls up :s. I do have a bit of knowlage gaz. Just cudnt see where the gearbox spacers went with them being such a wierd shape and the gearbox mount being nouthing like that and i dont know anyone whos ever done a xe conversion tbh so its up to me. Not alot to do anymore anyways gaz just fit it. Plug and play after that mate.
3i_gaz

24th Dec 11 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

always handy to have someone else look over it especially just to make sure everythings on right, loom routed right so you have no elec issues and that.

Too many bodged XE corsas done just make sure its done right!
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

24th Dec 11 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will do mate. Tim sorted the loom for me so thats ran fine. Just finishing off building the engine now. Not alot left to do tbh gaz. If your not busy at ure garage and wanna pop down and explain a few things to me then feel free buddy haha
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

24th Dec 11 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alrighty then

half 3 this afternoon it was like this

Then about half 4 it looked like this

All i need to do now is figure out the gearbox mount and spacers and get the hoses and were done
Jed D

24th Dec 11 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

half 3 this afternoon the sun was shining
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

24th Dec 11 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is a stealthy redtop.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

24th Dec 11 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yerp it was down ere jed why? Was just setting me thinks. And yer i wasnt sure on the black but im going all black now haha love the way it looks
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

24th Dec 11 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry jed just checked the time. It was 2.58 haha
3i_gaz

25th Dec 11 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

told you man perseverance
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

25th Dec 11 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer gaz. Cheers mate. Was just cos there was some tention on the opposit mounts so after you reminded me i took all the tention outa the mounts and it just kinda popped into place haha. Thanks for the help GOK!
Jamie-C

25th Dec 11 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz
No offence meant here mate.... but after the balls up and not even knowing what the gearbox mount spacers are for arent you better off having someonee with a bit of knowledge there when your doing this?
I done mine with very limited knowledge, when i done my conversion the only thing i had done before was change suspension and shit like that, i had never done any kind of engine work before and i manages to succesfully complete it , what i'm saying is its gery doable with vert little mechajical knowledege, just need someone in the know.who you can ask questions whem you get stuck

Keep it up Flaffy!
3i_gaz

25th Dec 11 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good penis.
3i_gaz

25th Dec 11 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
quote:
I done mine with very limited knowledge, when i done my conversion the only thing i had done before was change suspension and shit like that, i had never done any kind of engine work before and i manages to succesfully complete it , what i'm saying is its gery doable with vert little mechajical knowledege, just need someone in the know.who you can ask questions whem you get stuck

Keep it up Flaffy!

you've jsut wrote exactly what i said but worded different lol an XE into a corsa is easy, but its the neatness and making sure everything is 100% that makes it a tidy job!
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

25th Dec 11 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is with me. I know exactly what im doing or how im doing it and shit. Just sometimes i get to a point when i look at stuff thats blatently obvious and i think.... What the fuck. Haha. I just over think things which ends in a full on brain fart. Haha. All i need now is all the hoses and vaccumes and stuff and the engine will be done and ready to go
bigron1988

26th Dec 11 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
quote:

Keep it up Flaffy!

you've jsut wrote exactly what i said but worded different lol an XE into a corsa is easy, but its the neatness and making sure everything is 100% that makes it a tidy job!

Prick

<<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Ginger GSI C20XE. Now For Sale *price dropped* 24 database queries in 0.0191081 seconds