corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project Chugga - My 1.7D Combo van

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project Chugga - My 1.7D Combo van
Combo

User status: Offline
20th Mar 10 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update - the engine is partly stripped on the 1.7D, ready for the headgasket, cambelt and water pump to be changed. Will also be using new head bolts on reassembly all of which i have. Once its a working van again the van is going to get some tlc with new wheels and interior planned. (On the look out for Corsa sport front seats which are decent but fairly cheap)

Anyone give me any poiters on working around the engine mount as I am aware this needs to be removed in order to do the cambelt, only thing likely to cause me any problems. Oh and getting any air out of the fuel system lol.
Gazdaman

20th Mar 10 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The engine mount isn't a huge issue. Take the o/s front wheel off and jack it up. You can get a 15mm socket on a long extention up onto the bolts on the engine mount that bolt into the chassis. And you can unbolt the mount from the engine with an offset spanner.

It's a bit of a pain in the arse, but it's still a quick job.

I'm on the lookout for a 1.7TD engine for my Corsa, as far as I can see, they're pretty much exactly the same engine, and should be a straight swap.
Combo

21st Mar 10 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i know about the TD being a fairly straight forward fit and have considered it in the past, but the cahces of finding a decent one are minimal. So i decided to overhaul the 1.7 D as its only on 73k. Its more a workhorse than a performance van so not too concerned, just want it to be reliable which it will be as so many new parts will be on it.
MarkSport

21st Mar 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres one of these abandoned in tamworth services...Its mint aswell,Been there about 4 months but the windows have been put through now

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project Chugga - My 1.7D Combo van 23 database queries in 0.0102921 seconds