corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ecu issues

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ecu issues
mossy69

User status: Offline
27th Sep 08 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put a post up few days ago about my car not startin and the electrics playin up,

took peoples advice and changed battery and checked any earth points i could find, and fuses.....but nothin

took it garage and he said ecu is goosed....and he told me someone is comin to luck at it on monday who will be able to break the code or something, all gobbledegook to me....

can anyone explain a few things for me please...

ie- how did the ecu just pack up, wats he mean break the code, and if its gone is it just a case of swappin ecus, if so how much etc!

thanks in advance for reading and any advice given
barneykarl

User status: Offline
28th Sep 08 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did the garage check for any fault codes, what makes them think the ecu is defective still rare for a ecu to packup, breaking the code must be to do with the memory module or immobilizer maybe they are guessing thats the problem, if you do need a new ecu its going to cost, I still think its earth related maybe the ecu itself has lost its earth, do you get any relays clicking a lot when you turn the ign on, I will ask a friend later who is a auto electrician, did you drive it to the garage do they still have it, if they do change the ecu make sure you get to keep the old unit.

New Poll