corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » HD Projectors?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HD Projectors?
Brabus

User status: Offline
22nd Sep 08 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know a couple of you on here have them. Im bored of my 32 inch and my parents have a 52 but still looking to go one better

Have a budget of £700, possibly £800 for the right projector. However, after scouring the net to find different specs etc i still have a few unanswered questions.

What are they like to use as an everyday item, IE. on and off quite often the same as a normal TV.?

What are the like to use in the daylight or do you have to live in a bat cave to see the picture?

I would be using a lot for gaming, is it really HD, like my 32inch samsung only bigger? Is the details and quality still there?

Would i need to install the white screen to project onto on can i project onto a plain white wall?

Are the fans noisey and annoying in a small room?

that is all, thanks in advance
ash_corsa

22nd Sep 08 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have a dark room they will perform much better, you will struggle to find a HD projector with a decent lumen output, with a decent lamp life that will work in light rooms for your budget, you looking at more like £1500

a proper screen is essential, it will work on a white wall but wont look half as good, if your going to cut corners and skimp on the equipment go for a big plasma, as you need to spend a decent amount of money on a projector system for the real big screen experience!

Also think about how expensive the replacement lamps will be. Than can be very pricey, and turning them off and on regularly drastically reduces lamp life.
Most people who we install projector systems for, usually have a big screen plasma for everyday TV viewing and the projector system for the occasional movies.
Brabus

23rd Sep 08 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would be ok, i could continue to use the 32inch for regular gaming and night time viewing(normal TV/ shows etc), but get the projector out for when the mates come round on the xbox or the weekend film with the mrs

Buying/Fitting the screen isnt a problem, they seem to only be around the £80-100 mark. Plus if i just use it for the weekend film and one off gaming it will more than likely be at night anyway so will be dark, therfore wouldnt need a superbright bulb

[Edited on 23-09-2008 by Brabus]
FruitBooTeR

23rd Sep 08 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your budget is that much your not going to get a genuine HDTV projector with 1920x1080 internal resolution

I mean dont get me wrong they will all do standard television, they will all do DVD, and almost all of them will do HDTV 1080i and 720p as well but its very likley going to be scaled down.....

A proper HD Projector
Brabus

23rd Sep 08 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
If your budget is that much your not going to get a genuine HDTV projector with 1920x1080 internal resolution

I mean dont get me wrong they will all do standard television, they will all do DVD, and almost all of them will do HDTV 1080i and 720p as well but its very likley going to be scaled down.....

A proper HD Projector

I understand this, but even my samsung 32inch wont do proper HD at 1080p, i would be more than happy with 720p as dont see the point in paying double for slightly better quality.
ash_corsa

24th Sep 08 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brabus
quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR

A proper HD Projector

I understand this, but even my samsung 32inch wont do proper HD at 1080p, i would be more than happy with 720p as dont see the point in paying double for slightly better quality.

Sure, the picture looks okay on your 32" LCD, but on a 2m wide projected image, the same resolution will look terrible!
But £15,000 takes the piss a bit mate!
We use these PTAE2000 full HD projectors from Panasonic and theyre amazing, full of features and plenty of inputs to keep you happy!
£1500 is a much more realistic price that £15,000!!
PT-AE2000

New Poll