corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C25XE into corsa wiring

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C25XE into corsa wiring
c20xe_zuko

User status: Offline
8th Aug 08 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello there, having a little trouble getting my corsa to run, the engine is turning over but it is getting no fuel etc. Any help with the wiring would be much appreciated, I had a c20xe fitted before and tried using the same wiring colours but it doesn't seem to want to fire up
adam.d

8th Aug 08 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should just be the same wiring as an XE mate? You have put the live to the battery for the fuel pump haven't you? (red wire in a black sheath with a ring connector )
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
9th Aug 08 at 00:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if you've connected it, check you can hear it run up.
c20xe_zuko

9th Aug 08 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only wires that were joined inside the car from when the redtop was fitted by the previous owner was the blue/red wire and the green wire which is for the rev counter, All the wires are connected to the battery where they should be including that red wire but we can't get the fuel pump to come in, this is really the final hurdle before we piece it all back together and get it ready to go on the road,

well maybe have to give it a good wash and polish first lol!!

adam.d

9th Aug 08 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try a new fuel pump relay mate Put the thick red/blue fuel pump wire straight to the battery and see if you get fuel, if ya don't the pump has give up! if you do you'll know it's the relay
c20xe_zuko

9th Aug 08 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers I will try that later once av build up some energy to go and make some money at work today! Really looking forward to getting it running, spent a fortune on it so far replacing everything I could plus the time spent preparing the bay before the engine went in! I will keep you updated, thanks for the help!!
adam.d

9th Aug 08 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you getting a spark?
c20xe_zuko

9th Aug 08 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry we never checked the spark once we realised we weren't getting any fuel, just put a brand new coil pack etc onto it though
sumner2k3

9th Aug 08 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you done the ecu switched live?
rikkgti

9th Aug 08 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theses are dodgy to wire up ive wired one up mate u need 5 wires to get then running ingnition module wants to be earthed to chassi and u should have a red wire with a black sleeve over it that goes to live on battle there will be a another live nr them that will be thickish red with a ring connector and fat red/blue to same on car and thin blue/red on engine loom put a stright to live to it that will make ecu live then it should run

[Edited on 09-08-2008 by rikkgti]

rikkgti

9th Aug 08 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u got ur starter loom of the corsa
c20xe_zuko

9th Aug 08 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ecu's switched live? The red wire that goes to the battery is done, it run beside a 9 pin plug? would that be for the abs on the calibra? I am going back to do work on the car at 4pm, when we removed the redtop loom the only wires connected inside the car were the 2 I mentioned above, the red/blue wire and the green wire these were just connected very badly to the corsa wires, like bared back and wrapped round with no tape or anything, is there more wires need connected inside?
I have looked at a few posts and seen people saying connect the donor loom wire colours to the corsa plug wire colours, what plug is this? sorry but I'm beat when it comes to wiring
c20xe_zuko

9th Aug 08 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the starter loom is on the car, the car does turn over
rikkgti

9th Aug 08 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the little grey plug plugged in off the startor loom and 2 wires inside the car thick blue/red to the thick blue/red on car- fuel pump done

then theres another wire same as fuel pump but its a thin wire it same color as fuel pump put a live from a 20 amp fuse just to try it then ur ecu is live then it should go make sure ur arths are on nr coil pack there 3 wire with ring connecters and as u say above sounds rite is simple really to wire them up

ed

9th Aug 08 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a no fuel problem with my C20XE. I ended up running a new wire from the fuel pump replay to the fuel pump to switch it on and off as for some reason the red and blue wire at the relay wasn't connected to the red and blue wire on the fuel pump, even though I had made all the correct connections on the looms.
c20xe_zuko

21st Sep 08 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am still having trouble getting the corsa running, I have just fitted another early type pn ecu and still having no joy, does anyone have a wiring diagram for the v6 to help me out? It's still as if the ecu isn't powering up as there is no spark and the fuel pump isn't coming in, the pump is working as I run wires straight through to it and there was fuel coming from the fuel pipes
c20xe_zuko

22nd Sep 08 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone have a guide to all the wire colours I should have connected inside the car, it is fitted into a 1 litre shell.

New Poll